The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Quasar - Aussie

Posted By: James Morrissey

Quasar - Aussie - 02/20/12 05:24 AM

Hey Everyone,

This is one of the guys I photographed at the Westminster Dog Show this year. His name is Quasar. He is particularly cool because it turned out that the owner also knew my sibling - 3000 miles away. :P This is one that I really like that won't make the article.

Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 02/20/12 04:30 PM

Lovely image, charming dog and small world!
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 02/20/12 08:37 PM

Aussie's Rule! That is an excellent picture of an extra ordinary dog, well done. I am slightly biased, I have two
Australian Shepards, my house is 100% owned and maintained for their exclusive use and enjoyment.........

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 02/27/12 01:32 AM

Thanks, Guys. It definitely is a beautiful dog, and the other photos are really quite excellent. I am working on the many mastiffs I shot during the show right now. This is the first year I got the really big dogs. :P

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 02/27/12 02:33 PM

Great portrait, James. Very pretty Aussie.

Jim

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 03/02/12 10:26 PM

Thanks, Jim. I might finally be getting how to do this. :P

James
Posted By: psmith

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 03/03/12 10:33 PM

Nice James.
Posted By: WolfSpiderRabbit

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 03/05/12 08:42 AM

What an arresting gaze on that pooch. So much butterscotch in the coat color, don't think I've ever seen so much of that color in an Aussie.

Why to shoot at Westminster! Must have been amazing. Were there a lot of other photography vendors or were you the only one or one of a few?

Re: Quasar - Aussie - 03/06/12 03:45 PM

This is my third Westminter. I have an exclusive on the Green Room, which is located across the street from MSG at the Penn Hotel. I will more than likely be there next year - though there are profound changes occurring with the dog show that will make the Green Room slightly less appealing.

I am still working on the article for the show - I am still backed up on images. frown Plus, my wife and I have had a lot of family stuff going on that has prevented us from focusing on the site (ie new articles) for the last month or two. It has been crazy.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum