Quote:

I'm in my own little niche around here ... portrait photogs cant shoot moving dogs, agility photogs cant do studio quality portraits and show photographers can shoot agility ... because I can (and am equipped) for all 3 I do what I do

I can and do. If you are doing show dogs, you really need to be able to do all three. Not to mention knowing how to work with handlers, and owners. Knowing how the breed you are shooting SHOULD be shot. If I don't know, I ask and I ask for details and ask what they want to emphasize and what they want to de-emphasize.

I don't do events anymore as I do not like to shoot on spec. I did our national and enjoyed it, but, found it was just not my speed. I prefer the portraits and advertising photography. I like creative photography and the pressure of 1100 dogs over 6 day was a little more than I want to do at this point in my life!

Its good to see you here Nina. There seems to be a lot of us from the Eastern seaboard, nice to see some from the western side of the country!