NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BetaArticles
12/15/19 05:07 AM
The Saturday after Thanksgiving, 2005, Chanthee and I went to New Jersey to pick up our dog, Mahkayla. Mahkayla was one of approximately 40 or so dogs that was unloaded off of a semi-trailer headed from Tennesee. I remember it like it was yesterday - all of these excited families getting their new puppies. We got a chart and some pills and a really smelly - and miserable - dog. She had been separated from her mom for the first time that morning - a beautiful , red siberian huksy. The first day was really rough for her - she cried all night long and she really tried my patience.

For the first six months that we had Mahkayla, I could not pet her without her submissively peeing on me. It was incredibly frustrating. On a positive note, we learned very quickly that we could not leave anything (of my wife's) within mouth's distance. She literraly ate every single pair of shoes my wife made the mistake of leaving out - often with mine right next to hers and - dare I say it - untouched. They claim that this is an example of how my dog prefer's my wife to me - I will gladly accept that one.

As with most dogs, Mahkayla grew more comfortable with time.
1 1 Read More
NWP Articles
12/14/19 11:54 AM
Since I wrote this article, Greta Thunberg was recently named "Time's Person of the Year." Earlier that day, she spoke to the United Nations. She is really worth listening to - I wish I had have that thought and composure at her age. I have put a link to her speech below - listen to it and form your own thoughts.

She gets it. We need to figure a way to do this all this in a practical way - though I become more and more pessimistic that things will happen as I don't see any real desire for people to change their behaviors...and at some level that includes me. We have to do more - before its too late.

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/1..._rmcK6pLH5z1SVZcKu2YgYzyqH07xKF7VhouquC0
2 888 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Poppy, sheril walker, WbN, sierravalleylabs, Jon Albert
3310 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,529
Posts36,777
Members3,310
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer