09/08/08 12:18 AM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline OP
I
James Morrissey  Offline OP
I
Carpal Tunnel

This is one that I took with Chanthee the other day at sunset. We were supposed to go to Bass Harbor Light House (see Critiques Section), but got a bit lost. Having said that, I remembered this location and headed here.

James

Re: Acadia NP - Jordan Pond [Re: James Morrissey] #17385
09/08/08 08:58 AM
09/08/08 08:58 AM
MA
J
Joe Offline
Tracker
Joe  Offline
Tracker
J

MA
James,

Looks like you found a nice spot along Jordan Pond to take this image. It also looks like you had some nice evening light to work with. I like your choice to include the stone and dead tree in the foreground and The Bubbles in the background.

One thing that I was wondering about and that is the separation of the tree from the water. It may be due the combination of the color of the wood and the sky color reflecting in the water but they almost seem to blend into one another with little separation. I don't know what if anything could be done about this either on site or post process. Maybe some others have some ideas.

I don't know if you had a chance to walk around Jordan Pond at all. Were you able to find/sample some of the wild blueberries in the field behind the Jordan Pond House?

Joe
Re: Acadia NP - Jordan Pond [Re: Joe] #17386
09/09/08 08:46 AM
09/09/08 08:46 AM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Joe,

Thank you for the comment. My guess is that it is just bleached wood picking up the colors of the sky - though it is an interesting question. The only thing that really kind of aggitates (sp) me about the photo is the rock I cut in half further up the screen, LOL.

"I don't know if you had a chance to walk around Jordan Pond at all. Were you able to find/sample some of the wild blueberries in the field behind the Jordan Pond House? "

No. When I say that I wound up there by accident, it is a total truth. I had marked the spot on my neverlost earlier that day as a place I wanted to come back to. However, it was not my intention to go there that evening. I intended to go to Bass Harbor and wound up completely getting lost. This was 'second choice' and I barely made it Jordan Pond in time for the sunset.

James

PS Do the colors seem to saturated otherwise, or just about right?

Re: Acadia NP - Jordan Pond [Re: James Morrissey] #17387
09/10/08 08:46 AM
09/10/08 08:46 AM
MA
J
Joe Offline
Tracker
Joe  Offline
Tracker
J

MA
James,

My personal opinion is that the colors are fine. They have a nice pastel quality to them that reflects (no pun intended) the evening twilight time. If the saturation was bumped up on this image I think the colors would almost come across as garish.

Joe
Re: Acadia NP - Jordan Pond [Re: Joe] #17388
09/12/08 10:11 PM
09/12/08 10:11 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Thanks, Joe. I used "Medium High" saturation in DxO Optics. I find that I really like the image output from the program, even though it is incredibly resource intensive (LOL, i.e. 'slow.').

Cheers
James

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 339 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer