Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
Omnibus Lands Bill Becomes Law

Over 40 National Park Sites Enhanced by Legislation

US Capitol

Write Congress Today and Say Thank You!

Take Action

Great news, with help from national park lovers like you who sent thousands of letters to Congress, the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 passed Congress and has been signed into law.

Please take a moment now to say thank you to your members of Congress who voted "Yea" on this important legislation. Their support was critical to the success of this bill. Click here to send a thank you letter to your members of Congress.

The act contains over 40 bills that are good for our national parks. Examples of park measures in this act include:

* Expansion of Minute Man National Historical Park in Massachusetts to protect the historically-significant farm of Colonel James Barrett, commander of the Middlesex Militia.

* Establishment of a commemorative trail in upstate New York that connects local and state sites to the Women's Rights National Historical Park.

* Creation of the Ice Age Floods National Geologic Trail in the Northwest--the first national geologic trail in the National Park System.

* Protection of the cultural, ecological and scenic integrity of the Little River Canyon National Preserve in Alabama and Fort Davis National Historic Site in Texas from adjacent development by adjusting their boundaries.

NPCA and supporters like you have worked together for years to protect our national parks. Working together we can, and do, make positive changes for our parks.

Let Congress know you appreciate their votes on behalf of national parks. Take action today!

http://act.npca.org/campaign/omnibus/xi7nwgk4p7nbxe88?

Re: National Parks Omnibus Lands Bill Becomes Law [Re: Tony Bynum] #21870
04/06/09 01:21 PM
04/06/09 01:21 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Tony,

Thanks for putting this up. It is really huge news, and I am very excited. We have been covering this extensively in the Misc. National Park News section of our parks news material. I am particularly excited because New Jersey just got a new National Park (Great Falls) that is within a couple of hours of me. Chanthee and I hope to visit it soon.

James

April National Park News:
http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/...mp;page=0#21899

March News:
http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/...mp;page=0#21038

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 336 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer