02/26/09 09:31 PM
02/26/09 09:31 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
I went back to college to get a create jump start. Here are some of the class projects. Most professors really do not like dog art so my goal is to make it acceptable to me and them.

The first two are for an assignment using layers. The third is a Cubism challenge and is of me and the forth, though not for school or pet photography, is my first grand baby born last month. He is two weeks in this picture. Like puppies they they change quickly.

Peggy Sue
Re: My dog ate my homework [Re: Peggy Sue] #20852
02/26/09 09:34 PM
02/26/09 09:34 PM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
Those are awesome Peggy!! The first one is freaky, but, in a neat way. You do a great job in PS. Its such an involved program!

Re: My dog ate my homework [Re: Peggy Sue] #20853
02/27/09 09:33 AM
02/27/09 09:33 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
PeggySue,
first of all, what a neat thing to do: going back to school to refresh your creative juices. My compliments for your decision and it inspires me to look around for some courses that might do the same for me.

I love the morphs and the cubism collage is very nice. Of course, like with puppies, images of babies are kinda hard to get wrong and your grandson is adorable.

I agree with Julie (actually, I usually do) that your PS work is outstanding. Hey Julie, maybe a PS course at a college near you would make you more comfortable with it?

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: My dog ate my homework [Re: Jim Garvie] #20854
02/27/09 10:12 AM
02/27/09 10:12 AM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Thanks you Jim and Julie. It is so fun to be around the creative energy. The photography in this school is in the art department. When it is in graphic art they put a great deal of time on the tools. I find following a book is not how I learn so by having a project like the Cubism, makes me open up to the tools and art forms that I usually do not follow.

This class has all ages and levels which brings lots to the table. I also find that when I have taken courses with PPA, that all is lumped into a day or two and I get overload. In fact the term MEGO applies. (My Eyes Glaze Over)

If you would like I could put up what our next assignment is. I will say the current one is really fun to me. They got all new scanners and the assignment was to have at least three layers, and they had to include scanner work. Artists out there use only the scanners to produce their work. I cannot remember her name but she is married to Jerry Uelsmann and her stuff is wonderful. What work conversations they must have!

Here is a straight scan that will be part of my project. What I used to love about SX70 polaroid I now think I found my replacement in scanner art.

Let me know if you would like me to convey information from this class.

Peggy Sue

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 261 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer