Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline OP
I
James Morrissey  Offline OP
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up that I will be away in the Eastern Sierras starting on Saturday through the following Wednesday with Steve Kossack. It should be fun as we are going to cover a bunch of places I have never been to - the Bristle Cone Forest, Mono Lake, etc.

It has been a tough time as well to be leaving because our 20 year old, Cali, is dreadfully ill and may appears to be dieing. While she does not seem to be in pain, she is definitely week and I have been very anxious about leaving Chanthee to deal with the dirty work while I am gone. Yuck.

James

Re: Heading to Eastern Sierras [Re: James Morrissey] #39193
10/12/12 06:44 PM
10/12/12 06:44 PM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand
Tucson Jim  Offline
Old hand

Tucson, Arizona, USA
James:

First and foremost, you have my sympathy with regard to Cali. Having recently gone through the same thing with our 20 yr old tuxedo cat, Boots, and also losing our Border Collie Bandit earlier this year, I know what you are going through.

I really enjoy the Eastern Sierras. I'm sure you will enjoy it too. Are you going as a regular participant, or will you be helping with the workshop? If the latter, do you get a chance to do much shooting of your own? Or, do the participants keep you tied up most of the time? Looking forward to seeing some of your shots when you return.

Jim

Re: Heading to Eastern Sierras [Re: Tucson Jim] #39195
10/13/12 11:31 PM
10/13/12 11:31 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Jim,

Thank you for the kind words. Cali died yesterday (10/12/12). It has been emotionally exhausting. She uptimately lost her back legs the night before last and we knew it was now time. Se did not suffer, for which I am glad. When I get home, I will go through some of my old photos of her.

As to the workshop, I assist Steve on these events. I definitely get to shoot, but it is more or less secondary to watching and making sure that the group is functioning. I have learned a ton from Steven, watching him run his groups. It has definitely been a worthwhile experience.

Well, I am going to grab a shower and crash. I was up at 4:30 am this morning to fly put here and we will be wheels up and out at 4:45 am tomorrow!

James

Re: Heading to Eastern Sierras - coming home [Re: James Morrissey] #39199
10/17/12 09:04 PM
10/17/12 09:04 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Everyone,

I am coming home as we speak.. I am currently up at 36,000 feet and moving 571 mp/h towards home. Lol, I have to be at work in the AM, which will be a nightmare. However, I am definitely ready to come home.

The trip was a great success. I visited Mono Lake, the Bristlecone Forest and other places. It also kept my mind off of Cali. I hope I got a few good photos. I have been practicing extensively with a 24mm tilt shift, so I am not entirely sure how my photos turned out.

James

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 240 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer