The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Logan Pass Glacier National Park

Posted By: Don Edwards

Logan Pass Glacier National Park - 03/31/07 01:46 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/440713983_cf20f27258.jpg?v=0

Me standing next to a snow drift at Logan Pass on Going to the Sun Road from East Glacier June 10th 2006. The pass was closed from this point west as they cleared the snow for the season. The Going to the Sun Road was open for 20 miles from the east and 10 miles from the west.

Don
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Logan Pass Glacier National Park - 04/03/07 04:55 AM

LOL - that is a lot of snow. It was like that in Yellowstone the first time I went there in '96. As I recall, the snow was well over 8 feet deep when we got there. You could not see the Teton's at all. Even after a week of rain, the snow was over 4 feet deep.

James
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: Logan Pass Glacier National Park - 04/03/07 11:46 AM

I've got another one of the snow touching the bottom of a pedistrian crossing sign.
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Logan Pass Glacier National Park - 04/03/07 12:54 PM

Cool photo. You must have hiked up there ay? I always mention to people that if you want to really see GNP, wait till the end of July or the first of august otherwise you might miss the Sun Road. There's lots of other things to do in the park, but the Sun Road really is the pinicle.

It also rains and snows a lot up until late July. I think it snows and or rains on the fourth of july here every year!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum