The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Delicate Arch, Arches NP

Posted By: Buddy Thomason

Delicate Arch, Arches NP - 04/22/07 03:33 AM

Canon 1D MKII, EF 500mm L lens with 1.4 extender (1.3X500X1.4=910mm). Very windy day with lots of dust and grit blowing around. From the Delicate Arch trailhead parking lot my son and I took the 4WD/dirt track that passes a series of mounds opposite Delicate Arch, which is maybe a bit less than a half mile away. I set everything up while inside the vehicle including the Wimberly side kick, ball head and tripod, wrapped the camera & lens with a fleece blanket, waited for a lull in the wind, scrambled up the mound, planted the tripod, aimed, focused and fired away. I was irritated when I noticed this pilgrim up on the ridge, leaning into the wind and moving toward the arch. I figured he was going to ruin my pictures! As he neared the arch the wind apparently became very strong and he stopped to braced himself against the force of it. I took this shot and the wind around me really whipped up so I covered my gear with the fleece and scampered back to the truck. Later I was amused and delighted to see that the fellow's pose mimmicked the shape of the arch - a small but happy victory!

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Delicate Arch, Arches NP - 04/22/07 05:37 AM

LOL - you know, I would not have noticed that unless you had mentioned it.

James
Posted By: Randall

Re: Delicate Arch, Arches NP - 05/02/07 07:51 PM

I noticed that right away and just assumed you had someone pose for you , sometimes the best just comes to you huh . Thanks
Randall
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum