The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Valley of Fire

Posted By: steveh552

Valley of Fire - 11/10/05 06:47 PM

Hey everyone,
I was looking around and did not see anything about the Valley of Fire. I have plenty of pics to post if anyone is intrested. I took a trip there in March and it was awsome.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Valley of Fire - 11/11/05 03:19 AM

Hi Steve,

Welcome to NWP. I would love to see some of your shots of the Valley. My wife and I were there in March at the Digital Wedding Forum's convention in Las Vegas (getting ready to go in April of this year).

We were there listening to one of the masters of wedding photography (Yervant) talk about how he is shooting weddings. We had a short period of time to shoot around, but it was the wrong time of day for the light to be very dramatic with the magnificent rock formations.

-JM

Re: Valley of Fire - 11/12/05 12:30 AM

Here are a few. These were taken between 3pm and 530pm. These show alot of compression where they were resized for my website, but I can promise the orginals look awsome. Feel free to check my website for more, I also have some photos from Red Rock area, maybe a couple of those in the landscape section of my site. To see the Valley of Fire: http://www.photocentral.us/vof

Oh, there was also a photoshop convention that I did not know about, where they were at the VOF.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Valley of Fire - 11/13/05 05:07 AM

Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing your shots. I am looking for my Las Vegas DVD so that I can put up some of my own stuff. I look forward to going back to the Valley of Fire in April.

When were these shots taken? The blooms this year were awesome. I hope that this April will be even 1/2 as good. I spent way too little time doing things besides conventions while I was in Las Vegas. This time, I am going to stay a few more days longer...do Death Valley and the Valley of Fire properly.

-JM

Re: Valley of Fire - 11/13/05 08:44 PM

These were taken march 10th 2005. there were not to many blooms out this way unforutnally, thats one thing I was hoping to find, but was lacking. i have plenty more of this series, and will add more at another time.
Posted By: Loopman

Re: Valley of Fire - 11/17/05 05:16 PM

Hi Steve.

I like the shots of Death Valley. Look forward to seeing more.

Lou

Re: Valley of Fire - 11/17/05 06:26 PM

Lou,
Im sorta confused, I never shot death valley.
Steve
Posted By: Loopman

Re: Valley of Fire - 11/17/05 07:01 PM

Call me an idiot. I realize now that the Valley of Fire is not in Death Valley. There was talk in the thread about Death's Valley, so I made an assumption.

We all know what happens when you assume...

That does not change the fact though that I like your shots.

Lou
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum