The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

In Glacier NP 7/15-7/18... advice?

Posted By: Ryan Pfleger

In Glacier NP 7/15-7/18... advice? - 07/07/07 10:26 PM

Hey I am new to the forum, and will be in Glacier July 15th through the 18th, and then in Eureka, MT for a couple days after that. I'll have my family in tow so I won't be able to spend much time in the backcountry. Any recommendations close to the road, to consider for the itinerary? At what elevations will the flowers be best that time of year? What about wildlife hotspots? Would like to get some goat shots with some action, or scenic background. Is Goat Lick Overlook a good place? I have also heard they hang out near Logan Pass. Also interested in bears, moose, and eagles. Have heard that Glacier has the highest concentration of griz in the continental US, any good places for bear viewing? Was in Wood Tikchik park in Alaska last month, and didn't see any bears. Would love to see some in Glacier. Thanks in advance for the advice!
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: In Glacier NP 7/15-7/18... advice? - 07/08/07 04:28 AM

logan pass and many glacier for wildlife. logan for goats, sheep, deer, and bears. I just ran onto a griz up there two days ago. If youre not familier with bears I advise you to stay on a trail, or in your car. You will see bears and moose up Many G. too. but you have to get up and get out. glass altyn mountain up many g from the lodge and the end of the parking lot.

flowers are NOT good at logan right now, wont be until august.

Middle elevations are best for flowers. Many glacier would be your best bet.

goat lick is good, poor photos opps however, and no matter where you go, the goats are VERY haggard right now (shedding). dont expect to see many billys this time of year, mosly nannys and kids. . .

from this morning. . .

YOu wont get this shot when youre here unless youre willing to hike to a higher location, by the time youre here these flowers will be burned up. . . .

Attached picture 9358-_DSC6930-Edit.jpg
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum