The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Arches and Canyonlands

Posted By: Don Carter

Arches and Canyonlands - 09/02/07 03:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm spending the last two weeks of Sept in Yellowstone and Tetons and then driving to Arches and Canyonlands. One of the guys I'm meeting in Canyonlands is still recovering from a motorcycle accident and has limited mobility. Any recommendations on where we can shoot from given his mobility?

Don
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Arches and Canyonlands - 09/02/07 03:50 PM

Hey Don,

I have never been to either Arches or Canyonlands. Steve Kossack recently sent me a DVD to review on Canyonlands. I have not watched it yet (I just watched his Death Valley DVD)..however, if it is like the other two of his that I have seen, I am sure it will be very good. If you don't get any answers here that you feel are helpful, you might want to consider his DVD.

Cheers
James
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Arches and Canyonlands - 09/03/07 12:31 AM

just a suggestion,, you might try checking into the information center at arches and canyonlands,, am sure they have info on the best places to shoot with limited mobility.DAve
Posted By: daveman

Re: Arches and Canyonlands - 09/03/07 02:14 AM

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm spending the last two weeks of Sept in Yellowstone and Tetons and then driving to Arches and Canyonlands. One of the guys I'm meeting in Canyonlands is still recovering from a motorcycle accident and has limited mobility. Any recommendations on where we can shoot from given his mobility?

Don

Don,

I was at Arches one evening this last summer. Arches is very road accessible. There are many places that you can take great shots and be within only a few yards of the pavement.

The attached was about 30 yards down a pretty level trail.

I doubt you will have mobility problems at Arches. I do not know about Canyon Lands.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Attached picture 10274-courthouse-rock-revised.jpg

Re: Arches and Canyonlands - 09/03/07 03:28 PM

I have Steve's Canyonland video (I think it is his best) but it was a little hard to get a sense of what walking is going to be like for my friend. May be I'll find a nice arch and tell him to stay put till I get back :->

Don

Re: Arches and Canyonlands - 09/05/07 01:41 AM

Dave, thanks for the info. Nice image.

Don
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum