The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

David Lines, Antelope Canyon

Posted By: James Morrissey

David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 11/17/07 03:33 PM

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to take a moment and thank David for working with me on his article.

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/information/php/2007_Articles/dlines/dlines.php

James
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 11/17/07 07:56 PM

Your welcome James, Have had a lot of great comments on it from people that have read it.. DAve
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 11/22/07 10:47 PM

David:

I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I really enjoyed your article about your trip to Antelope Canyon. Nice shots and informative to boot. Antelope Canyon has moved up on my travel list for this coming year.

Tucson Jim
Posted By: webejamn

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 12/24/07 09:27 AM

nice shots, i went there in april, however i only went to one of them, not the one where you have to ride in the truck to get to it. since you were in the area did you make it to "the wave" i surely hope so.

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 12/24/07 04:56 PM

Quote:

nice shots, i went there in april, however i only went to one of them, not the one where you have to ride in the truck to get to it. since you were in the area did you make it to "the wave" i surely hope so.

Thanks everyone.. no I didn't make it to "the wave", In fact, I don't even know where that is at, just heard about it a while back, If anybody has some info where it is,I would appreciate it, DAve

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 12/25/07 08:04 AM

i will post some information about it in a few days, here are a few photos i took of it while i was down there, i drove from nw montana to there for that and it was well worth it, and plan to go again.
http://www.glacier-imagery.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1271
i have photos of other places in the area in the gallery as well, many from antelope canyon,

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 12/26/07 04:30 AM

ok, so to get to the wave, you have to go to the blm office half way inbetween page and kanab. they have a drawing every day for who will get a pass for the following day. i believe they hold the drawing at 9am, and there are days when 70 or more people show up. you can only go in groups of 6 or less, they only let 10 in a day from that office, there is as well a way to enter from the internet, but when i was there they said its near imposable to get one of them.
it is off of hwy 89 i believe... there is a little road that is dirt it says your going to coyote buttes, and some other stuff, i cant remeber what it is now... it a bad road to follow when it is raining. that road goes all the way down and out towards the north rim as well. but its along drive. they give you instructions on how to find the wave when you are selected for a permit, its not to hard because you can just follow the foot prints while your in the sand, but when you get to the rocks, its alittle tougher, its about a 3 mile hike, however bring lots of water most of it is unshaded, and in the open sun. we were there for about 8 hrs, and very dehydrated when we returned.

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 12/26/07 05:15 PM

thanks for the info, looks like a neat place to go, IF you can get in. DAve

Re: David Lines, Antelope Canyon - 12/26/07 11:56 PM

i went with my daughter over easter last year, and it took us three drawings to get in, and i missed the first one. but there are many things to visit that are great in that area.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum