The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07

Posted By: James Morrissey

Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/09/07 10:59 PM

Hey Guys,

I thought it would be cool as we look to finish up the year with our favorite shots of '07. Here are two of my favorites....

Death Valley National Park - March '07.

Grand Teton National Park - September '07.

Posted By: Joe

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/10/07 04:21 AM

Death Valley sure was a nice place - even at the end of June and 120 degree heat.

Posted By: Joe Piotrowski

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/10/07 05:30 AM

I'm not much of a Landscape guy but one of my favourite places is Cape Hatteras National SeaShore,NC. Great National Park for Seabirds.I took this August 2007.This is one of the lighthouses that they moved to keep it from being washed away. They filmed the move and it is fascinating how they did it.Moved it about 3000 ft.
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/10/07 01:08 PM

Here's a couple for the trip to Glacier. Maybe not great technically but as reminders of a wonderful trip they do quite well.

Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/10/07 02:01 PM

This is a tough one. I did not shoot much this year in Glacier, really only went there a few times, even though I live in East Glacier Park - The wildlife shots are easy for me to pick as I got a couple very memorable shots this year. I'll have to get back to you on the landscapes . . .

Maybe these are not the best technically, but they are my most memorable!

And this one for wildlife,

Far from my best, but for 2007 I'll have to select this shot. . .

Attached picture 11934-DSC_5852-Edit-rising-wolf-e.jpg
Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/10/07 02:06 PM

Approaching Storm - Vermilion Cliffs, Arizona

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/17/07 05:13 AM

Hey Tony,

That lynx is certainly on the top of my list for great, rare opportunities. I know it is not perfect, but it is a pretty darned good shot of something you don't often get to see...making it pretty close to perfect in my book. I would be excited for the opportunity to see it and NOT photograph it.

James
Posted By: gll

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/19/07 03:04 AM

The morning I showed up at the Tetons there was a tour group there, the light just was not looking good, the leader said its just not gonna happen and they left, when they got loaded I heard him proclaim "and then there was one" meaning just me left. I gave him a thumbs up wave and they drove off, about ten minutes went by and I took this shot, then the group drove back by I saw the brake light come on, but it was to late.

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/19/07 07:57 PM

I am astonished...I have nothing to add....Havent been to ANY national parks this year.

But GREAT WORK everyone else.

Next year I will be able to. I am heading to Yosemite in Feb for "Fire Fall". My wife asked for that outing as one of her christmas presents.

What an awesome wife I have...

Roman
Posted By: glamson

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/20/07 09:08 AM

Quote:

I am astonished...I have nothing to add....Havent been to ANY national parks this year.

But GREAT WORK everyone else.

Next year I will be able to. I am heading to Yosemite in Feb for "Fire Fall". My wife asked for that outing as one of her christmas presents.

What an awesome wife I have...

Roman

I'm in the same boat, Roman. I can't believe it but I haven't been to one national park this year. Lots of state parks, preserves, sanctuaries and just plain wild lands, but no national parks. This will change next year. My wife and I are headed to Death Valley, Petrified Forest, Canyon de Chelly and Chaco Canyon this spring. I'd love to get back to Yosemite. It's been way too long since I've been there. In my rock climbing days when I lived in the Bay Area I used to go every weekend. I think it's been about 10 years since I was there last. That was still in my film days so all I have is alot of slides. I've got to get back there and get some digital images.

Geo

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/22/07 05:17 PM

LOL, then I guess we will need to start a thread for great nature/wildlife shots! It all does not have to come from the Parks.

James
Posted By: rdracer66

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 12/31/07 06:33 AM

Here are 2 favs of mine from GTNP/Yellowstone trip I took end of sept, my first trip but not my last. I also managed to sneak out to Yosemite for a couple of days while out visiting my family in California.

Re: Your Favorite National Park Photo - 07 - 01/04/08 05:31 AM

Hey Kurt,

Welcome aboard. Lovely images, both of them. The shot of the Mormon Barn, I like, because I know how hard it is to keep it level!!! Taking it from where you did appears to be the right place to shoot it from. Next time, I may make a similar endeavor.

The first shot though, I really like a lot. It is beautifully done. Many of my favorite shots are of Moran.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum