The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Alligator Vs Gar

Posted By: rustin

Alligator Vs Gar - 01/01/06 05:21 PM

Happy New Year. I took my new lense into the Everglades and found this guy. Rustin

Attached picture 1399-_MG_6609(Large).JPG

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/01/06 05:23 PM

Here is another. No post processing was done on either.

Attached picture 1400-_MG_6600(Large).JPG
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/03/06 12:51 PM

Wow. Great shots, Rustin. A little bit of curves adjustment would make those both absolutely stellar.

Thanks for sharing.

-JM

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/05/06 05:24 PM

I am not real sure what curves can do. If you want to give an example I would appreciate it. Thanks Rustin
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/05/06 08:16 PM

cool shots. I never have phtographed gators! They look like they would be fun to shoot with a camera!

Post more if you have them. . .

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/06/06 01:36 AM

Hey Rustin,

I did a slight curve adjustment to your image...I think that your shots are awesome, but that a little brightness would really make the picture snap. Tell me what you think!

-JM

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/06/06 01:40 AM

Hey Rustin,

Not sure why the text did not show up (even after I edited the post twice). Anyway, your shots are just awesome. I just edited these with a slight curves layer in Photoshop - brightening up the midtones a bit...but trying to preserve the highlights (I did not want to lose detail in the teeth).

Thanks!
James

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/12/06 11:57 PM

Hey James, Thanks for redoing that. I think it looks better. I waited for about an hour for one to snatch a fish this morning. He made 3 grabs but missed, the morning light was fading so I packed it in. A few days ago I got a picture of an American Crocodile that was about 12 feet long. He was swimming with his mouth slightly open and the water was pouring through his teeth. I need to work on cropping and USM. After I am satisfied I will post. The light was decent but I was in a kayak. I was not shooting raw either. It is the only time I have kicked myself for not. A lot of detail was lost. I shoot raw when I am out by myself. I was giving a tour so jpg is the way to go for that. I sell the cd's after the tour and do not have the time to process all of the images. I may buy another CF card and shoot both. Rustin
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Alligator Vs Gar - 01/13/06 03:28 PM

lets see some gators snatching fish!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum