The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

AZ & NM favorite parks, national or otherwise

Posted By: Allen

AZ & NM favorite parks, national or otherwise - 03/30/08 03:48 PM

I'm heading out to AZ & NM this week for a 2 month photo fun trip. What are some of your favorite places to shoot and also where might there be lots of flowers?

Allen

PS I'll be checking in and out or feel free to email at tourretired@aol.com
Posted By: daveman

Re: AZ & NM favorite parks, national or otherwise - 03/30/08 04:01 PM

Allen,

There are so many great places to shoot in this part of the country.. Jimmy D listed many in his post "A Perch with a view - Grand Canyon" in this same forum. You should look at his list. To add to his list, do not forget about White Sands National Monument in NM, and the Superstitions Mountains, Saguaro National Park and the Chiricahua National Monument in Arizona (http://www.nps.gov/chir/).

You asked about flowers. This is a banner year but it is getting late. The link below will take you to the Arizona State Parks "Wildflower Ranger cam". This site is where the Rangers keep everyone updated on the flowers in the Arizona state parks.

http://www.azstateparks.com/Parks/park_info/rangercam.html

Have fun

Re: AZ & NM favorite parks, national or otherwise - 03/30/08 04:13 PM

Thanks for the response. White Sands is one of my main reasons for the trip. I was there last Nov. and was blown away. We leave on April 2 with first stop in Joshua Tree and go from there. I hope we are not too late for flowers. I will check you links.
Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: AZ & NM favorite parks, national or otherwise - 03/31/08 06:34 PM

The Navajo National Monument (Betatakin) is well worth the journey.

It's completely free and has perhaps the most wonderful 13th century Anasazi ruins around, accessible on a guided 6 mile round trip tour. You will be taken right into the ruins and be told a history by your local Navajo ranger guide.

It is not a wildflower scene, but really wonderful high desert scenery.

It is located SW of Monument Valley.

Re: AZ & NM favorite parks, national or otherwise - 04/01/08 03:22 AM

Thanks for suggestion. Been to other Indian ruins and they are interesting and photograph well.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum