The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Badwater Death Valley

Posted By: James Morrissey

Badwater Death Valley - 04/18/08 03:27 AM

Hey Everyone,

I know that George and I are a bit on the over-kill with Death Valley stuff, but it is a really cool place to go photograph. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to shoot due to the massive variety of things to photograph. Having said that, this trip was different from most in that most nights I did not get any amazing color. This was one of the better nights I got, but nothing like I have gotten in previous years.

In this series, I am showing chronologically what the place looks like. The second of the three shots is my favorite of the group. The third is a vertical crop - it still lacks something for me though.

James

Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Badwater Death Valley - 04/18/08 04:12 AM

my fav is the second one too..DAve

Re: Badwater Death Valley - 04/19/08 03:14 PM

Hey Dave,

Thanks very much. The salt flats are a lot of fun to photograph. This time, we had to go out about a mile to find some super clean ones without people in front of us. There were a couple of folks doing what looked like highschool shots for a young woman. LOL, the guy actually said something on the order of "you ARE a Siberian tiger," to her. It killed me.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Badwater Death Valley - 04/19/08 07:24 PM

James,
I prefer 2 & 3 but love the color in #2. Nice shots. Like the way the clouds echo the texture in the salt flats in #2.

Jim
Posted By: JimmyD

Re: Badwater Death Valley - 04/22/08 05:11 AM

Nice shots James, really like #2. When I was there in early March we had overcast skies at Badwater so did not get too much interesting. Like all places I would love to go back and spend about a month there!

Take care

Re: Badwater Death Valley - 04/22/08 09:28 PM

Hey Jim,

I am in the same place. I always go for only a few days...usually on my way to or from somewhere else. I feel very happy with what I am able to get in 3 days...but honestly, I feel like a week or two and I really can get a chance to hammer out the area.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum