The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . .

Posted By: Tony Bynum

Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . . - 05/15/08 02:54 PM

Just thought I give an update on the park. Roads are slowly opening. The park service is trying to get the west side road open to Avalanche by this weekend. They have been having lots of issues this spring due to broken down equipment, and now hot weather, they shut down snow removal on Logan due to dangerous working conditions, i'm sure it will push back the opening of Logan.

You can keep up with what's going on in the Park if you like, just check my blog now and then:

www.glacierparkphotographer.blogspot.com

Thanks, Tony
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . . - 05/19/08 11:12 PM

That's a great Blog, Tony. I did not know you could set a blog up through Google.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . . - 05/20/08 04:35 AM

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the link...a great blog. If you are OK with it, I will put a mention of it in the newsletter later this month.

Cheers
James

Re: Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . . - 05/20/08 01:35 PM

That would be great, the purpose of the "blog" really is to make a place on the www that is up to date, and accurate. Often the NPS GNP does a poor job of keeping people informed, in fact, sometimes i think they like to keep information secret and often treat the park like it's their own little playground. . . In fairness, they are short handed, and like most all other land management agencies and big federal buracracies, some of the management forgets the purpose of the park, and worse, how to get things done! Thats an other matter!

Thanks fellas. . .
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . . - 05/21/08 03:51 AM

No problem, Tony. I will also add it to our links page.

James
Posted By: Randy T

Re: Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . . - 05/23/08 11:36 PM

Thanks for the great blog Tony. My first visit to GNP will be in mid September for 4 days. We will be based in East Glacier.
I'll be checking your blog often!

Randy T

Re: Glacier Park is Heating Up. . . . - 05/24/08 02:01 PM

Wow, things have really change of late. RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, and more RAIN!

it still is coming down! Water over many road ways, drive careful! The rivers are swollen! Use caution!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum