The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Antelope Slot Canyon

Posted By: Shutter Bubba

Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/20/08 04:01 AM

Just got home from Southern Utah and Northern Arizona, took over 1200 pictures, here is a few from the Antelope Slot Canyon near Page Arizona.

The tour was very crowded, I had to crop some to remove the blurred people.. Beautiful place.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/20/08 04:36 AM

Hey Bernard,

Glad to have you back! Cool photos. My favorite is the last one with the sand falling down over the rocks. Nicely done. I have never gone into a slot canyon before. Besides being crowded, what was it like?

Cheers
James

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/20/08 04:43 AM

It is cooler in the canyon than outside. Dark in places lighter in other spots. Shutter times was from 5 sec to 88 seconds long. Other than being crowded it is really beautiful. This is from the upper canyon the lower one is narrow on the bottom and wider at the top, but there is lots of ladder climbing in that one. I will try it out later this year (I hope) Grand time, Loved Bryce and Zion National parks..
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/20/08 02:57 PM

I like the realistic colors you have. So often the pictures from Antelope are super saturated to the point of extreme. Glad you liked Utah.
Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/20/08 05:50 PM

Nice work! Did you go on a regular tour or one of the ones especially for photography?
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/21/08 12:26 AM

Well done Bernard! Looking forward to seeing more of your shots from Bryce and Zion.

Tucson Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/22/08 01:12 PM

"Dark in places lighter in other spots. Shutter times was from 5 sec to 88 seconds long. Other than being crowded it is really beautiful. This is from the upper canyon the lower one is narrow on the bottom and wider at the top, but there is lots of ladder climbing in that one. I will try it out later this year (I hope) Grand time, Loved Bryce and Zion National parks.. "

How did you fine traveling through the slot canyons? My pop has been talking about this for years, but his mobility is not spectacular.

Cheers
James

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/22/08 11:05 PM

James it is very easy to walk the upper canyon, sandy floor and flat, they drive you to the entry..
Posted By: Charley

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/24/08 02:23 PM

Nice job. I went there this year and while I got some photos I liked, the stress of the crowds was bothersome.
Which is the best season?

Charley

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 05/24/08 03:14 PM

While there is always people there, Holidays like Christmas has about the fewest.. A lot of times when American's stay home people from abroad are always coming.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: Antelope Slot Canyon - 08/01/08 03:52 AM

i was there in the upper canyon at the end of May... caught the "sunbeam shot", with sunlight shining down into the canyon. makes for some much different exposure times, and much more saturated colors. most of my exposures were in the 2-5 second range.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum