The White Throne

2 white peaks

River Walk Area

The 3 Patriarchs

A view from High up on a trail
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A few more from Zion - 05/22/08 01:10 PM

Hey Bernard,

Thanks for sharing. It looks like it was a great trip.

James
Posted By: jadlh

Re: A few more from Zion - 05/22/08 06:53 PM

I love these shots as it has been a few years but I'll never forget the "Naorrows", a three hour hike in one direction in the river gets you to be able to touch the canyon walls on either side of the river with your arms out streched, the view are gorgeous.

Notice the gold wall in the pic, it's because the sun is setting far down the canyon and reflecting on the weeping walls. I was startled when I first seen the gold wall and it took a minute or two before I realized why the wall was gold. These hikes are so fun!
Posted By: Shutter Bubba

Re: A few more from Zion - 05/22/08 11:02 PM

The Narrows was closed because of the high fast raging virgin river, from snow melt and rains..
Posted By: new2olympus

Never would have guessed that - 08/16/08 02:03 AM

you were new to DSLR and had only used a P&S before. I'm also extremely new to DSLR, but couldn't start to take as nice photos as those you've displayed. Basically I've always been a snap shooter and all that implies.

Obviously I'm only an rank beginner so take it for what it's worth (almost nothing), but I really have liked your photos. That is why I looked at your profile when I couldn't find a link to your website. Guess you don't have one yet!!!

I've been checking out some of the other poster's sites on this forum. (Only one I've had a chance to look at so far.) Lots of talented people here.

Thank you (and the others) for sharing your work/hobby. It will be some time before I won't be too embarrassed to post anything of mine.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum