The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

It's Glacier Time!

Posted By: Tony Bynum

It's Glacier Time! - 06/18/08 12:23 AM

Well, logan pass still is not open, but who cares when there's lots of other great opportunities. . . This was taken monday morning. . .

Attached picture 15995-DSC_2551-sinopah-email.jpg
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 06/18/08 11:37 AM

Stunning Tony! Breathtaking in real life, I bet.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 06/18/08 09:01 PM

Hey Tony,

Great shot. I went back and checked out the other shot that you shared last week of the same location. It is cool to see the remarkable differences that exist in a location only a short time apart.

James

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 06/18/08 09:08 PM

yes, for sure, it is a similar location, about 1/4 mile apart.

Thanks,

Tony
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 06/19/08 03:26 PM

Curiously, Tony, is this an HDR image? On the version that you posted, there appears to be a 'feathering' of lighter sky around the mountain range.

James

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 06/19/08 09:45 PM

its not hdr, I dont know how to do that.

No trickery just the way the sky was lit. . .
Posted By: new2olympus

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 08/16/08 02:22 AM

I love wilderness, and everything that goes with it. Very nice galleries. Several fantastic mountain shots.

Love the Mountain Goat pictures. Would like to see a shot of you capturing the pictures. :-) Lots of work getting there, and not too many level places for a tripod. LOL.

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 08/16/08 01:39 PM

thanks new2, most of the goat shots do come from steep, difficult terrain. If ever youre in Glacier park, in the summer months, you can see them up close on logan pass. The only drawback is that their coats are in very poor shape until about the time they close the road in september when they have rid themselves of last years coat and are growing the new one for this winter. Right now you can see them in all their glory with short white fur. . . To get the long haired shots you must shoot them in March. . .
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: It's Glacier Time! - 08/16/08 07:11 PM

Tony...I like the shot, but it is lacking drama....and the shadows are a bit blocked up in the treeline so it is lacking detail. This would have been a good candidate for a good bracket blend. Wish I lived close so we could go to all the magical spots shooting....:~)

Roman
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum