The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Re the Sander Meur Article

Posted By: PossumCorner

Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/21/06 09:27 PM

James is this the spot to say thank you for the Sander Meurs "weather report". Aside from his shots being - well, what do you say, I'm not even "over" the Yann Artus-Bertrand exhibition, and now this. Not fair on the ego. Yes, aside from the shots, the text is an inspiration: in that the great opportunities are always there, and the effort to actually be there comes before the shot. And I loved the basic reminder to remember the tripod. I am really working on don't leave home without it. An article to re-visit.
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/22/06 12:20 AM

Quote:

And I loved the basic reminder to remember the tripod. I am really working on don't leave home without it. An article to re-visit.

This reminds me of something I read a long time ago in one of John Shaw's books. He said that the number of photos he takes in a year that are hand held, he can count on his hand. I have used a tripod for so long, it doesn't feel right taking a photo without one.
Posted By: Duane

Re: Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/22/06 02:02 PM

Another great read! Thanks to Sander for writing this up and sharing the images and experiences with us - and thanks to James for getting it posted.

Love the lightening shot - excellent work.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/22/06 08:11 PM

I too loved the story and the work of Sander. The lightening shot is pure magic.

Thank you very much for the awesome read/view.

Roman
Posted By: Sander Meurs

Re: Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/23/06 12:23 PM

Thanks everybody,

I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you liked the photos and the story. I'll try to be more of a regular from now on, I've only posted on the dpreview forums before.

Cheers, and a great day to you all.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/23/06 02:19 PM

Well...we enjoy your company....you fit right in. And look forward to more of your work.

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/24/06 04:15 AM

Welcome aboard, Sander. LOL, I really did think you were already a member. Well, I am glad that you have corrected that.

-JM
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Re the Sander Meur Article - 01/24/06 05:42 AM

Thanks for allowing us to read and view your article. Nice job and welcome to the site. . .
Posted By: Sander Meurs

Some Grand Canyon photos - 01/27/06 12:25 PM

Thanks for the welcome everybody, I'll try to be a good poster
here's a few more images, not the best of the trip but in keeping with the forum rules I'll just keep em few and small:

Unfortunately I don't have a dedicated Grand Canyon page, so there's only a small selection on my homepage, which is noted in my signature.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum