The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

New Glacier Park Book Available!

Posted By: Tony Bynum

New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/10/08 08:53 PM

Hello folks, it's official, the new coffee table book "The First 100 Years" of Glacier Park is now available, i just got my shipment today. I'm excited because they used one of my shots for the cover and selected many more for the inside. I got about 15 more shots on the inside, the most of any modern day photographer. You can see the cover and order the book if you like:

http://www.farcountrypress.com/details.php?id=337

Also available is the Montana Calendar, and i have the cover of it, as well as a couple more on the inside.

http://www.farcountrypress.com/details.php?id=381

I'm working on an article about photographing the park in the winter, I hope to have it out this year, James got me started on it months ago and I have yet to finish it. I'm writing articles for another magazine right now and hope to get back to this one very soon. I've also been very busy with my new gallery here in east glacier, it closes this weekend for the season, but come next year stop by and say hi if youre in the area! If you have any questions, shoot me an email!

The weather out here in the park has been cool and wet with lots of new snow in the high country. Remember, Logan Pass will be closed from the west side on the 15th but accessible from the east side until the 21 then the east side closes and the west side opens again until the weather closes the road. This is the current schedule, weather permitting of course.

You can check my blog for updates on shooting conditions at the park:

www.glacierparkphotographer.blogspot.com

cheers!

Tony

Attached picture 17562-Glacier_Anniv_Cover_MOCK.jpg
Posted By: Joe

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/10/08 09:09 PM

Congratulations Tony!
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/11/08 01:37 AM

isn't it a great feeling knowing some of your stuff is in print? I have 11 shots in a waterfall brochure that BLM did a couple of years ago for this area, including the front cover. congrats on getting your pix on this,, DAve
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/11/08 03:30 AM

Awesome Tony!!! Congrats, very well deserved too.

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/11/08 04:12 AM

Thanks guys/gals. I'm particularly happy with this book as it's quite an big deal to get the cover and more shots on the inside than any of the other photographers they used, especially in a book of this magnitude.

My images are published regularly on magazine covers and within the pages of many other's (I think i have four current magazine covers and shots in 5 more plus my own calendar and shots in three others, cables and ducks unlimited publications as well as many others, as we speak,) but this book cover and all the shots witin it that are mine are very rewarding. I put a lot of effort and a few loooong nights into getting shots ready for the publisher, not to mention all the years it took to get them.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/11/08 12:37 PM

Hey Tony.....GREAT work!!!! Grats!!!!

:~)

Roman
Posted By: daveman

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/11/08 01:53 PM

Tony,

This is really exciting. Congrats! Your images are really getting the exposure they deserve...
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/11/08 06:36 PM

Congratulations Tony!

(Oh, BTW, very clever Daveman )

Jim
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/11/08 09:03 PM

Congratulations Tony,

I always love looking at your images!
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/12/08 02:24 AM

now that you're famous, will you snub us little folk....lol
congrats always liked your photos

don

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/12/08 04:32 AM

LOL heck don, have you not noticed that i've been snubbing you all summer - LOL. Really, I've been so busy writing (i have my own regular two page photography article in a major national magazine), and getting my gallery off the ground and shooting and hanging out with my daughter and, and, and, it all has kept me very busy this summer!

I'm not leaving this place, it still is a very nice and respectable place to hang out!

Tony
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/13/08 02:13 AM

Hey Tony,

Congratulations on your cover. You are a credit to our community.

Cheers
James
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/14/08 01:27 AM

hey tony next time the wife and i get up to glacier we'll have to look you up and you can give us both some pointers.

don

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/22/08 12:39 PM

Please DO, i'd be glad to point you in a few directions and give you an up date on what's hot . . .

Tony
Posted By: Randall

Re: New Glacier Park Book Available! - 09/24/08 11:53 AM

Congratulations Tony, now I know why you have your name so prominate on your photos,[ YOU HAVE EARNED IT ] great going
Randall
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum