The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Yellowstone Mountain Goat

Posted By: Randy T

Yellowstone Mountain Goat - 09/20/08 11:51 PM

After driving all day on the northern loop,finally caught this guy climbing around.

Randy T
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Yellowstone Mountain Goat - 09/21/08 01:25 AM

Randy,

You lucky dog! In over 12 years of traveling to Yellowstone (sometimes multiple times each year), I have NEVER seen a mountain goat. Sheep by the score, but no goats. Can you tell me about where you saw this guy?

Thanks
James
Posted By: Randy T

Re: Yellowstone Mountain Goat - 09/21/08 01:50 AM

Quote:

Randy,

You lucky dog! In over 12 years of traveling to Yellowstone (sometimes multiple times each year), I have NEVER seen a mountain goat. Sheep by the score, but no goats. Can you tell me about where you saw this guy?

Thanks
James

Hi Jim,

I believe he was just past the gibbon meadows on the way to Madison. The Gibbon river is on the right side of the road before you hit the falls, the goat was on the cliffs there. We've been here for 6 nights and haven't seen any bear, moose, or big horns. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. Tomorrow we're off to Glacier for 3 nights. Hope the weather holds out!

Randy T
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Yellowstone Mountain Goat - 09/21/08 07:18 PM

your lucky, we have never seen any goats in Yellowstone either,, did see quite a few in Glacier this year at Logan pass. Big Horn sheep there too, DAve
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum