The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

RMNP in the fall

Posted By: gll

RMNP in the fall - 10/04/08 03:24 AM

In RMNP so I thought I would post a few. doing this on a laptop so I hope they look ok. almost no cropping, D2x 500 f4

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: RMNP in the fall - 10/05/08 03:22 AM

Hey Gary,

Nice work. I just got in from Yellowstone. I did not see as many big elk as I have in prior years, and nothing as big as this guy in the first photo. Nice catch. While they are all good, my favorites are the first and last - both of a bull.

Cheers
James
Posted By: maheanuu

Re: RMNP in the fall - 10/05/08 03:50 PM

Gary, they're all fantastic. But..... being a rather weird kind of guy, I like the silloette the best. I just reaches out and touches something deep inside of me...

Great work! Bravo Zulu!
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: RMNP in the fall - 10/05/08 10:25 PM

I too like the silhouette, maybe something about Oregon LOL, DAve
Posted By: gll

Re: RMNP in the fall - 10/06/08 01:26 AM

Thanks everyone, I really like the silhouette to, I sure have thought about pasting a full moon in but I think I'll just print it like it is.
Posted By: daveman

Re: RMNP in the fall - 10/06/08 02:28 AM

I like the silhouette also. I think you could play with adding a photo filter in PS to add some color, rather than paste a moon. This would give the sky some color rather than the gray.

Nice set of shots.

Dave
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: RMNP in the fall - 10/06/08 04:10 PM

If your going to add something,, why not take a shot of the night sky with stars and put that behind him? But then again,, that might pull your eye from him, not sure, would have to play and see how it looked,, DAve
Posted By: Randall

Re: RMNP in the fall - 10/06/08 09:46 PM

I too like the silhouette
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum