The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

sun over the horizon but under the clouds

Posted By: Randall

sun over the horizon but under the clouds - 04/05/09 08:27 PM

I love these shots I call{ under the bed with a flashlight look } where the sun shines between the clouds and the horizon they almost always have a dramatic color and lighting.Can't seem to get the hang of imbeding my shot in the wording

Attached picture 22008-smokymtnsunsetunderthecloudscopy.jpg
Posted By: James Morrissey

Beautiful! Sun Over the Horiz Under a cloud - 04/06/09 12:09 AM

Hey Randall,

This is really nice. I love the textured mountains in the background. It reminds me of a particular shot I like to shoot behind Dante's View in Death Valley.

James

Re: Beautiful! Sun Over the Horiz Under a cloud - 04/07/09 02:00 AM

thanks James it was one of my favorite places to shoot
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Beautiful! Sun Over the Horiz Under a cloud - 04/07/09 12:02 PM

Hi Randall,

Is this shot also from the Great Smoky Mountain region (like the other shot you posted)? If so, how well do you know the area? My wife and I are debating making a trip out there for our anniversary at the end of May - though we are still not sure about it. We are trying to figure out 4 or 5 locations that are great for sunrise/sunset.

James
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Beautiful! Sun Over the Horiz Under a cloud - 04/07/09 12:24 PM

great shot, just dump the branches and youre ready to print!

Re: Beautiful! Sun Over the Horiz Under a cloud - 04/11/09 08:36 PM

Hi James ,yes it's from Clingmans Dome ,an Icon but you need a shot from there its a fantastic place.
I really like it from the parking lot better, vs all the way up the long walk to the top. From the parking lot around the back end is great for sunset if you climb up in the boulders[ if you are capable ].I wasn't when I was there, it's also a great place for night shots. If you would like some tips on where to go I can probably help. I spent 5 months working and photographing the area , it's well know for weddings also.
Randall

Attached picture 22169-continousloopss(39).jpg

Re: Beautiful! Sun Over the Horiz Under a cloud - 04/11/09 08:39 PM

Thanks Tony I debated whether or to remove the branches. It's just a small amout but, decided against it for posting but if I were to print it I'm sure I would do as you suggest thanks for the compliment.
randall
Posted By: BIRDPOND

Re: Beautiful! Sun Over the Horiz Under a cloud - 04/12/09 05:07 PM

Gorgeous!

I finally figured out how to embed images here. The way
I've done it is to post on something like Photobucket then copy/paste the link here. I do tink they prefer attachments though.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum