The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Photo ops near Seattle

Posted By: mmoor

Photo ops near Seattle - 08/04/09 02:24 PM

I am going to Seattle next May. I would like to start planning now for what I need to see and when. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on where I should go for the best photo ops that are in this area. I hope to have a couple of days where I can travel and stay outside of the city and just take pictures. If not, then day trips from the city. I've not been there before so I really need some guidance with planning this out.

Thanks

Matt
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Photo ops near Seattle - 08/04/09 09:53 PM

Hey Matt,

Sorry, I wish I could help you out. Perhaps Roman might know of some places (I think he lives in Washington)?

James
Posted By: gll

Re: Photo ops near Seattle - 08/06/09 03:14 AM

One site worth seeing is at Saltys on Alki beach at sunset http://www.saltys.com/seattle/, the foods ok kinda pricy but the veiw is amazing at sunset, you can drive to a park up above the restaurant and get some great shots of the skyline.
a drive around to Whidbey Island and Deception Pass and then back to Seattle by Ferry is a good day trip, plan the ferry ride for late afternoon the light will be better, that's if its not rainy... big IF, a trip to Mt Rainier would be great to.
Posted By: Tyler

Re: Photo ops near Seattle - 08/06/09 03:35 PM

Depending on how much you want to drive in a day, Mt St Helens/Gifford Pinchot NF, Mt Rainer NP, and Olympic NP are all amazing areas max 3 hours away.
Posted By: mmoor

Re: Photo ops near Seattle - 08/07/09 02:10 PM

If I have time to do an overnighter I would like to hit these parks for sure. This is all great info. and very helpful.
Posted By: gll

Re: Photo ops near Seattle - 08/09/09 03:30 PM

View from Saltys, it a little down hill but you get the idea
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum