The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monuments

Posted By: DavidL

Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monuments - 08/07/09 05:01 AM

I put this video together the other night after selecting a bunch of images from the past two years as candidates to show to a workshop I am involved in at the end of the month. If you are interested, the link to down load this Quicktime movie is: http://files.me.com/jdavidlevy/9b2tpa.mov
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 08/07/09 02:58 PM

Hey David,

Nice work - as always. May I ask which workshop you are doing?

James

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 08/29/09 02:47 AM

James,

I am taking a workshop with Carlan Tapp on Sacred Places and Petroglyphs in New Mexico.

Are you still planning to be in the Tetons this September? Lucy and I will arrive there on 9/22. Let me know.

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 08/31/09 12:27 AM

Hey David,

Unfortuately not. I have decided to join Steve on his Canyonlands Workshop and as a result, I will not be able to do Yellowstone. My only disappointment is that this will be the first year I have not done Yellowstone since 9/11 (I was booked to go, but the airlines had stopped operating for the week).

James

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 11/08/09 01:05 AM

James,

Sorry we did not link up in September. Had a wonderful trip in Utah and Wyoming. Lots of petroglyph finds and 10 days in the Tetons and Yellowstone.
Here is my quick slideshow if you want to download it:

http://files.me.com/jdavidlevy/pif910.mov

I made this with the Lightroom 3 Beta which times the slides to fit with the soundtrack length. Just playing with the new version. This feature is nice but it has a few weaknesses to make it really useful. That's why they do a Beta.

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 11/08/09 04:23 AM

David,

That was SPECTACULAR....LOL..even worth the 40 minute download. You got some really great landscapes that are truly unique in YS/GT NPs. It was also nice to see your photos from Canyonlands. I was at Newspaper Rock also last week...though honestly, we did not stick around and shoot it. I am still regretting not getting the camera out. I was not very happy with the way that many of the petroglyphs were defaced.

James

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 11/10/09 07:52 AM

James,

Defaced art is extremely depressing to most of us. It is such a shame. Here is the worst example, taken in Daddy Canyon off Nine Mile Canyon in Utah. So much for sharing by private land owners.

Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 11/10/09 07:15 PM

Fantastic photos and great choice of music to go with them. Who might that be?

Don

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 11/14/09 06:11 PM

Don,

The track is called "woodlands" from the album "Cedar Song" by John Werner.
Posted By: psmith

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 11/15/09 12:15 AM

Quote:

James,

Defaced art is extremely depressing to most of us. It is such a shame. Here is the worst example, taken in Daddy Canyon off Nine Mile Canyon in Utah. So much for sharing by private land owners.

Murdering art and the English language at the same time. That image says quite lot. How sad.
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: Slideshow - Mostly National Parks and Monument - 11/15/09 05:36 PM

Thanks David

Don
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum