The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Yeeeee haaaa! (NOT)

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Yeeeee haaaa! (NOT) - 03/31/10 11:04 AM

Well, its official. Yosemite....here I come! Middle of May....everything already pre-paid. Few nights at the park, Across Tioga Pass to spend a night at Bishop area (and the bristle cone pines), another night at the park then back home I go. Moonbows, stars, I just cant wait.

I have missed Yosemite for quite some time now. My wife will experience her first time there.

Roman
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/01/10 01:53 AM

Roman:

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. Will you be making a pit stop at Mono Lake on your way to Bishop?

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/01/10 04:03 AM

Spectacular, Roman!! I think we are all looking forward to seeing your new shots.

James
Posted By: glamson

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/01/10 02:29 PM

Quote:

Well, its official. Yosemite....here I come! Middle of May....everything already pre-paid. Few nights at the park, Across Tioga Pass to spend a night at Bishop area (and the bristle cone pines), another night at the park then back home I go. Moonbows, stars, I just cant wait.

I have missed Yosemite for quite some time now. My wife will experience her first time there.

Roman

Roman,

Just a word of warning. We seem to be heading for a late winter up here in the Sierras. We just had 3 feet of snow this week and I believe Tuolumne Meadows also received about that much. Tioga Pass has been known to stay closed until June in late winter years. You might want to monitor the following link for conditions. Once you get to Yosemite there really is no easy way to get to Hwy 395 other than Tioga Pass.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tm.htm

In May you also may hit snow up in the Bristle Cones. Remember they are up at 12K and it will definitely be chilly at night up there.

Oh yeah, try and catch a meal at the Mobil station at Lee Vining when you come down the hill from Tioga. They have some great food there.

Can't think of a better trip. Have a great time.

Geo

BTW My avatar pic for this site was taken up in the Bristlecone forest.

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/01/10 03:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up....was worried about that as well. Tioga Pass is my favorite part of the trip....mid May might be a problem.

We might have to confirm reservations in Yosemite alone and make a day trip of it and not stay near bishop if the road is open.

Roman

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/28/10 06:29 PM

Well...balloon is popped. Circumstances beyond my control put the kiabosh on the whole darned trip.

This was just a drill.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Roman
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/28/10 10:05 PM

Bummer! Sorry your plans got the Kiabosh.
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/29/10 06:36 PM

Roman:

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your Yosemite trip. Bummer!

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 04/30/10 02:57 AM

Hey Roman,

That blows. I hope something just as good or better comes up soon.

James

Re: Yeeeee haaaa! - 05/02/10 04:15 AM

Well, might be camping back at Opal Creek later this year. Looking forward to that, and have to go back east this fall, so that will probably turn out very nice.

Roman
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum