The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

The Big Room @ Carlsbad Caverns

Posted By: glamson

The Big Room @ Carlsbad Caverns - 06/12/10 01:32 AM

Here is another pano from my May trip to the Southwest. Unlike a pano of a big landscape, shooting a pano inside a cave like this is very challenging. It is only with PP that you can get even illumination in a shot like this with such high DR. Even with the naked eye in the cave, you can't see all the detail that you can get after PP.

Carlsbad Caverns is the most impressive cave system I have seen and I highly recommend a visit.

Posted By: dave_lines

Re: The Big Room @ Carlsbad Caverns - 06/12/10 03:40 AM

surprised you were able to do a pano there,, came out lookin good though,, been a long time since we were there,, DAve
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: The Big Room @ Carlsbad Caverns - 06/13/10 04:51 AM

Hey George,

This is also very remarkable. Thanks for sharing it. This is amazing.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: The Big Room @ Carlsbad Caverns - 06/13/10 10:35 PM

Great pano, Geo. Tremendous detail and the way you were able to balance the lighting is very impressive. Wow!

Jim
Posted By: glamson

More Big Room - 06/18/10 10:49 PM

Thanks guys for the feedback. I thought you might enjoy another pano of the Big Room that is a whole different
part of the room.

Posted By: StarrLight

Re: More Big Room - 06/18/10 11:11 PM

Amazing photos, especially this second one that includes the walkway - it gives some more idea of scale. I have to say the environment give me the creeps.

Diana
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: More Big Room - 06/19/10 04:30 AM

wow, those are awesome

Don
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: More Big Room - 06/19/10 04:31 PM

Hey George,

Agreed - these are just great. I am enjoying seeing them a lot. Have you attempted to print out any of these big boys?

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum