The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Glacier/Yellowstone Parks Update (new bear photo)

Posted By: Tony Bynum

Glacier/Yellowstone Parks Update (new bear photo) - 05/04/06 01:57 PM

Hey, it’s still a cold, wet spring out here. Still snowing everyday in the mountains of Glacier Park. The grass is turning green and the glacier lilies have just sprung up along the roads on the east side. It’s been wet and cold. Some of the bears have not even come out of their dens yet – the sows with cubs of the year are just coming out now, they are always the last to leave the dens . . .

Bears are being observed all over both parks. Lamar Valley is producing wolves and bears so get going before it warms up! Yellowstone also has a new crop of baby buffalo, but use long glass on them, as the cow’s don’t like people near the young ones! They will hook you or run you over.

Glacier Park has lots of bears but they are harder to find. In any event, your best chances are the first 2 hours and the last two hours of light. Watch the lakes of Glacier Park on the east side. The going to the sun road is open to Jackson glacier on the east side, it likely wont be open all the way for at least a month or more. Use long glass to isolate bears, or wide to show them in their natural setting.

The sheep and goats are high on the mountains already. I’m not sure they even came down. Lots of moisture should be a great flower year out here! If you missed last year, in glacier you missed a great bear grass year – you’ll have to wait another 3-5 years for another – darn.

Attached picture 3311-_DSC7255-email-stroke.jpg
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Glacier/Yellowstone Parks Update - 05/05/06 04:57 AM

Hey Tony,

I wanted to be able to do Yellowstone in March (as I did the year prior), unfortunately the RL job has kept me bound to NYC as I am VERY busy right now. I am very envious of you though. I would really like to be out there.

My trip to Yellowstone this year will be in late September.

James

Re: Glacier/Yellowstone Parks Update - 05/05/06 05:31 AM

good for some awesome elk shots along the Madison!

Re: Glacier/Yellowstone Parks Update - 05/05/06 08:44 PM

I'm bumping it to see if anyone dare open it or read my post. . .

LOL

Take care, I'm off into the wilds of Montana to find more critters to photograph, later. . .
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: Glacier/Yellowstone Parks Update - 05/06/06 04:37 AM

That is just breathtaking!!! The colors, composition, SUBJECT (you have a knack for getting those bears!) really nice. We'll look forward to seeing what you come back with, enjoy your shooting!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum