The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Crown of the Continent (pan photo)

Posted By: Tony Bynum

Crown of the Continent (pan photo) - 05/16/06 06:05 AM

Had another great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached picture 3575-pan-emailcopy.jpg
Posted By: Sander Meurs

Re: Crown of the Continent (pan photo) - 05/16/06 09:41 AM

Hi Tony, great shot, just look at that sweet light!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Crown of the Continent (pan photo) - 05/16/06 07:31 PM

Agreed! Great color. And just enough light to see the snow on the Mts, I really like it.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Crown of the Continent (pan photo) - 05/17/06 04:22 AM

This is your back yard too? LOL. Beautiful shot. What time were you up for this one?

James
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Crown of the Continent (pan photo) - 05/17/06 12:51 PM

it's a sunset shot taken at about 9pm or so, and it is my backyard. . . in fact i live just at the base of those mountains . . .

good sunset shots around here are hard. this is usually a moring shoot - it's the east face of the rocky mountains. Unless there's a fire, it is not too often that you get a good light. In fact, you almost never get good light if your any closer to the mountains. This shot is a stiched, 5 frames. . .

Whats really amazing to me, is that it's a better sunset shot, that sunrise, because the light was so even. I did not use any grad filters and the exposure was based on the sky. I did not blend or lighten or darken the sky or the water, the exposure is what it was. . .

Tooooo easy, even a child could have snapped a photo. The composition, on the other hand took some study and scouting time. I'll be shooting this spot for a long time to come, there are hundreds of angles and perspectives from this area. . . this is only one of them. . .
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Crown of the Continent (pan photo) - 05/18/06 04:23 AM

" The composition, on the other hand took some study and scouting time. I'll be shooting this spot for a long time to come, there are hundreds of angles and perspectives from this area. . . this is only one of them. . . "

I hear that entirely. The scouting is the most important part, I think. Knowing when to go and where.

I am getting very excited about my next trip out West - though it will not be until September. I have too much on the fire right now here in the City. So it looks like more time at the Bronx Botanical Gardens. Sigh.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum