The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Estes Park, CO photo opps?

Posted By: psmith

Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/23/11 04:48 PM

Does anyone have any specific things / locations to suggest near and around Estes Park? I'll only get to venture out once or twice, and I know its the middle of tourist season.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/24/11 12:38 AM

Hey Preston,

Look up the Garden of the gods. It looks amazing and is only a couple of hours away. One other thing to look up.os.the Silverton Rail road. Not to go on, but to photograph. In the park, I am more sketchy.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/24/11 02:16 PM

Preston,
Garden of the Gods is in Colorado Springs so you're really not anywhere near that but you are right on the route to the Rocky Mountain National Park which is a great place for driving, picture-taking, etc. We were in Greeley last year for the ARC National (it's just east of where you will be) and we did one day in RMNP. Lots of wildlife; great mountain vistas; gorgeous lake views with tons of wildflowers. You owe it to yourself to try to spend some time there.

Jim
Posted By: daveman

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/24/11 07:27 PM

Preston,

I agree with Jim - go to the Rocky Mountain National park. You are almost certain to see Elk and deer. Depending upon how much time you have available, make the trip over trail ridge while you are there. The alpine meadows, (maybe even snow on top of trail ridge)mountain vistas and wildlife are fantastic.

If you do not have that much time, just going into the park and and driving around is bound to provide good photo ops.

My wife and kids are driving over trail ridge today, so I will find out if there is any snow on top and let you know if you are interested.

Dave

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/25/11 05:18 AM

Thanks Dave.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/25/11 12:43 PM

Preston,
are you in CO now?

Jim

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/26/11 01:03 AM

Yes, i went up on Trail Ridge Road before sunrise.
Posted By: Sue Deutscher

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/28/11 06:48 AM

Sprague Lake at sunrise. You won't be sorry.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Estes Park, CO photo opps? - 07/28/11 09:13 PM

Hey Preston,

I saw a few of your photos on FB today. Hope to see more of them when you get a chance. Really nice stuff - and some things I was not expecting, which was really cool (like the climate conditions).

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum