The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Bulls

Posted By: James Morrissey

Bulls - 10/30/06 02:46 AM

Hey Folks,

These are some buffalo that were having at it while we were in Yellowstone. It was pretty wild to see, and the first time I had see a couple of bulls dueling since 2000, when my wife first accompanied me to Yellowstone (with my handy Oly C2500).

How did I do with the contrast?
Posted By: BAP

Re: Bulls - 11/02/06 02:31 AM

Wow, you don't see that everyday. Great capture.
Posted By: MartaA

Re: Bulls - 11/02/06 09:55 PM

That almost looks mirror image! Is that huffing & puffing dust rising up ??
Contrast to me, looks fine, I've been struggling with a baby brown bear n the same kind of turf, Yelowstone as well, and now I can't remember what his REAL color was!

Re: Bulls - 11/06/06 03:19 AM

Thank you both for the comments. The buffalo is by far one of my favorite critters - I find them so magnificent and powerful. Anyway, here is one that I had some time to cook up tonight.
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Bulls - 11/16/06 10:36 PM

Wow up close and personal. I like them both but the first one is great.

More more.
Jeff
Posted By: Krey

Re: Bulls - 11/18/06 10:35 PM

Great moment on the duel , ya' gotta' love Yellowstone ! Personally I'd up the contrast to add a little pop , just a thought .

Re: Bulls - 11/19/06 08:36 PM

Hey Krey,

This is a battle that I seem to be fighting. I thought I had contrasted the bulls as much as possible - but perhaps not.

James
Posted By: Krey

Re: Bulls - 11/20/06 04:18 PM

I hope you don't mind but here's an example ; http://www.pbase.com/krey/image/70510739/medium.jpg , just a little exposure/gamma adjustment and a slight S-curve in CS2.
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: Bulls - 12/09/06 08:37 AM

What a great opportunity James! I'll bet that was something to see in real life. I think your adjusted image looks great!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum