The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

RIP Steve Jobs

Posted By: James Morrissey

RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 01:04 PM

I know this is kind of off topic, but as Steve Jobs has had such a profound in the tech community, I thought this was appropriate to post. What an amazing human being to have done so much in such a short time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/business/steve-jobs-of-apple-dies-at-56.html?_r=2

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 03:22 PM

James,
I don't believe this is off-topic at all. Steven Jobs had an incredible impact on the photographic world and helped move all computing into a visual-based environment. Imagine PhotoShop in a DOS environment! Does not compute smile. His contributions to technology have benefited all of us but, particularly, photographers in a digital world. A visionary? Absolutely!

Jim
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/06/11 06:16 PM

While I am not a Mac user, I can definitely acknowledge that apples domination in the graphics market in the past has pushed us to where we are today with both worlds being considered equally.

Definitely a loss to the world of technology.

RIP Steve.

Roman
Posted By: FretlessD

Re: RIP Steve Jobs - 10/07/11 02:20 AM

Steve Jobs was one of a kind. His belief in accessibility and ease in computing was what put Apple in a class all on its own. He made computing a visual world and forced all other companies to follow in his footsteps.

I hope the guys at Apple can continue to fulfill his vision. His passing leaves me feeling as a child who learns there is no Santa. There is the promise of future Christmases, but they will never be the same.

God's speed, Steve.

Doug
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum