The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Battery Problem Canon G 9

Posted By: Marty Everhard

Battery Problem Canon G 9 - 02/20/12 08:58 PM

Sometimes when weight is critical, I use a G9 Cannon Powershot.
Mine has developed a problem with battery drain, seriously runs immediatly out of power after a few frames. I have tried a new battery, same thing. I think it is the camera, not the battery. I keep the spare in my pocket to keep it warm, same thing. It started in the summer, so I don't think cold has anything to do with it, especially since I have tried a new battery. Cannon wants $165 to send it to the service center. Considering how little use this camera has gotten, I am really perplexed. I like having it for the times I do use though. Any ideas? Is there anywhere less expensive for a repair? Anything I can check or fix on this??
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Battery Problem Canon G 9 - 02/20/12 09:17 PM

I have had the same problem with my earlier little gem and have taken to pull out the battery after each use and only drop the battery in when needed. I love these little pocket cameras but I would not stick any money into mine for repair. Would love to know if this is a common problem.
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Battery Problem Canon G 9 - 02/20/12 09:32 PM

Mine is more severe than that, I've fully charged two batteries and had both fail in minutes.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum