The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Apple Ipad 3

Posted By: James Morrissey

Apple Ipad 3 - 03/07/12 09:15 PM

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Now for the 64,000 question - will they make me upgrade my wireless plan to get 4g?

James
Posted By: psmith

Re: Apple Ipad 3 - 03/07/12 10:18 PM

I'm hoping to grandfather in my unlimited plan.

Re: Apple Ipad 3 - 03/07/12 10:37 PM

That is what I am hoping. As I was mentioning earlier, I see that they have both 3g and 4g plans available. My fear is that they will make the 4g plan something new that they will force us to switch over to.

James

Re: Apple Ipad 3 - 03/07/12 10:46 PM

I hope they grandfather, that is sort of the point of the 'throttle back' news from ATT last week.

http://mashable.com/2012/03/01/att-limits-unlimited-data/

Its a new meaning of unlimited. Limited.

Re: Apple Ipad 3 - 03/07/12 10:50 PM

I wish Siri would have been part of the announcement.

Re: Apple Ipad 3 - 03/11/12 05:35 AM

Hey Preston,

The ipad 3 looks much more incremental than the 2 did over the original ipad. Having said that, the addition of 4g is a real plus for me. Also, the addition of a quad core processor is really nice. I have noticed that the original ipad is having a real difficulty keeping up with all of the latest software.

Siri really does not do anything for me. I know that a lot of people use it - though I am not sure how much I actually will.

James

Re: Apple Ipad 3 - 03/13/12 11:14 PM

To me it looks like a giant leap. I saw the iPad 2 as incremental. However, I am really looking at the iPad 1 vs the iPad 3 and it is a giant step. Just the display alone will hopefully make this something very special.

I saw an asian teardown today that found a 512mb to 1 gb ram upgrade on the 3 vs the 2.

Re: Apple Ipad 3 - 03/14/12 02:21 PM

Technically, James, it is a dual core processor with a quad core graphics processor.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum