The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

SD Cards

Posted By: James Morrissey

SD Cards - 04/03/12 08:48 PM

Hey Everyone,

The 5d3 has a SD slot. I have only used SD cards in my Olympus Pen, and I have never worried that they were fast or not. So, the 64,000 question is - who's SD cards are you using? I want to get a couple of 32 gb cards.

James

Re: SD Cards - 04/05/12 05:28 AM

I picked up a lexar 600x for under 90 bucks. Impressive. Sd cards seem much cheaper than cf cards...
Posted By: psmith

Re: SD Cards - 04/06/12 11:30 AM

I got sandisk Extremes. Ive always had good luck with them. Set the camera up to write raw+jpg to each card. I like the sd because all my computers have slots, no separate adapter.

Re: SD Cards - 04/06/12 03:05 PM

Hey Preston,

Thanks. I actually picked up three cards - 2 SDs and 1 CF. I have to say that I am really amazed by the CF card prices as compared to SD prices. They are 30% higher from what I can see. I could easily see myself switching to SD cards as the primary card of choice for that reason - though I find that I prefer the CF cards for their physical durability.

As to brand, I generally buy Lexar - not out of ANY sense of brand loyalty. I buy them for identification purposes. My wife uses Extremes, and we like to keep our photographic stuff separate. It makes it easier to identify who shot what.

James
Posted By: psmith

Re: SD Cards - 04/11/12 09:27 PM

James, are you shooting 'separate' or 'multiple'?
Posted By: Echo

Re: SD Cards - 09/23/14 02:40 AM

I have been using Renice S8 Series SD Card, and it's extremely cold in my hometown sometimes, even minus 30 centigrade. This industrial grade SD Cards proved very useful.
See the link, by chance I heard that they are giving some gifts to the followers on Twitter. Follow @Renice_tech in Twitter and lucky for you.

Re: SD Cards - 09/23/14 02:38 PM

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: SD Cards - 09/24/14 12:17 PM

I also use Sandisk Extreme 32 GB SD cards and they've been bullet-proof so far. No problems using them for high-speed bursts either. FYI. And, yes, SD cards are much cheaper than CF cards.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum