The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Web hosting service?

Posted By: SiriusDoggy

Web hosting service? - 09/02/12 11:12 PM

I'm curious which hosting company other users are using. There's lots to choose from out there and I've been with SmugMug for the past 7 years but as any other SmugMug user knows, they just announced a HUGE price increase so I'm looking at other options.
I want to have some customization capabilities as well as the ability to sell prints through my site. Zenfolio looks like the best I've found so far but want to hear from others.
Greg ~
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Web hosting service? - 09/04/12 03:59 AM

I am using two different companies. NWP is using ValueWeb. I am using Aplusnet for my other sites. I am using Photocart for my online galleries.

James
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Web hosting service? - 09/04/12 08:55 PM

Can't beat Saratoga hosting for service and reliability.
Posted By: Diane

Re: Web hosting service? - 09/04/12 09:35 PM

I've been using Smugmug for years. Their fee hike really pisses me off. mad I am looking to migrate to somewhere else, but I don't know where yet. If anyone has suggestions, including migration software, I'm all ears.
Posted By: SiriusDoggy

Re: Web hosting service? - 09/05/12 09:04 PM

Diane,
I'm in the same boat as you with SmugMug.
I think I've settled on ZenFolio as my choice. I just spent an hour watching one of their online seminars about customization and it seems much simpler than SmugMug. Not quite as many options as SmugMug but those are options I can live without.
As for migration software, I've found the solution to that too. Upload Junction
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum