The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography?

Posted By: jhonmartinvish

Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography? - 09/12/12 05:18 PM

Im thinking about starting my own business and looking to upgrade my Nikon DSLR, Anybody know the best Nikon camera for wedding photography??

Thanks smile
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography? - 09/12/12 07:19 PM

Hi Jhon,

Not sure how many folks here (besides myself, Jim and a couple of others) who are doing weddings. However, I think that the question begs a whole lot of other questions. For example, are you currently shooting events? What bodies do you currently own? What lenses do you have? What is your budget?

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography? - 09/13/12 04:38 PM

Jhon,
I second James' questions. If you're starting from scratch with no camera bodies or investment in lenses/flashes/accessories, etc., then it's a question of budget with all of those things added in. If you're starting a business, do you also have everything you need for processing those images: computer(s), software, etc. Nikon has some great cameras -- both full-frame and crop bodies -- so it's really a question of budget and whether beyond weddings you have other photographic needs that the cameras/lenses will have to fulfill -- like sports, nature, events, landscape, etc.

Jim
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography? - 09/14/12 01:46 PM

Currently the D4 would be at the top of my list.

Looking to save a penny or two, consider the D3s.

Get yourself some fast primes, and some quality zooms as well.

Then take ALL of that and times by 2.

You need backup. Weddings are one trick ponys. No room for errors or failure. This is their best day of their lives and there are no do-overs.
Posted By: dolly

Re: Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography? - 09/27/12 06:09 AM

Good Luck for your business, and keep going. Have a bright future.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum