The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Epson Printer Alternatives

Posted By: James Morrissey

Epson Printer Alternatives - 03/25/13 03:03 AM

Hey Everyone,

As you know, I have been pretty enamored with my Epson 4900. My problem is that I have been recently having massive ink blockage issues...as in blocks heads I cannot clean, no matter how many times I clean them.

The question is - what alternatives in large format printing are there? I know Canon has some good printers, and so does HP, but I have little experience with any of them.

Thanks
James

Re: Epson Printer Alternatives - 06/06/13 04:09 AM

Hey Everyone,

I found a youtube video that talks about how to clean an Epson 4900 print head. The first few times I tried it, I had a mixed success.

Today, I got an Epson 4000 printer error indicating that I needed to call maintenance because all of the inks were blocked. Over the course of about 8 hours, I used this method, though I changed the paper wads on 3 or 4 occasions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU6PbizbKaw

...the long and the short is that it works. It should not HAVE to go to this in order to clean the printer...but I was deeply concerned that I had a $2500 paper weight on my hands.

James

Re: Epson Printer Alternatives - 08/14/13 07:44 PM

FYI, I am now working on an article on how to fix Epson x900 ink heads. Having watched the video and spoken with Epson tech support, I think I finally have figured out not only how to clean the heads, but how to help decrease maintenance over time.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum