The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Faces

Posted By: James Morrissey

Faces - 06/25/07 04:11 AM

These are some portraits of 3 of our beasties. I took them when we were celebrating Mahkayla's Second Anniversary party a couple of weeks ago.

James

Posted By: Julie

Re: Faces - 06/25/07 03:26 PM

Very pretty kitties. I love the third, upside down ones.

Where is Mahkayla's photo since it was her anniversary??
Posted By: MartaA

Re: Faces - 06/25/07 04:35 PM

Ditto! On the pretty kitties!
They are all quite photogenic! They look like they have the same personality of my "Bob"cat.
No party hats?
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: Faces - 06/25/07 08:19 PM

I love these James! Such beautiful faces. #2 made me smile...I love the expression,

"WHAT is that thing you are pointing at me???"

Beautiful markings.

Great lighting, I still have a lot to learn!

Re: Faces - 07/23/07 04:34 AM

"Where is Mahkayla's photo since it was her anniversary??"

LOL, I wanted to save her the embarassment. Here is one from her birthday. You know - let her have SOME dignity. :P

James

Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Faces - 07/25/07 11:16 PM

Oh, what we do to the ones we love. I really like this one. Black on Black is wonderful and it really works to show off the embarrassing hat!

Re: Faces - 07/26/07 04:33 PM

LOL, Peggy Sue. You bet!! You should see the shots with her and the meat-cake that we made. :P However, I must spare her SOME.

Having said that, believe it or not, I found the series that this shot came from with Mahkayla to be one of the technically hardest I have done. Shooting a black dog with black background and not blowing out the highlights of the shiny hat and her hairs was pretty hard to get right.

James

Re: Faces - 07/29/07 03:44 AM

What a face!! I love it James. I hear you on the black on black. I have it a little easier since the camera can focus better on Hallie's tan where it meets the black but it is a challenge to get right.

Re: Faces - 07/30/07 12:58 PM

I don't know if folks remember the condition Mahkayla came to us in. All of the obvious coat conditions are gone, but she had a broken leg that had healed (without being fixed) prior to our getting her. The doc has been watching it for the last year and a half and she has been seeming to do fine on it...until Thursday night when she hurt it playing with some dogs. She is now on anti-inflamatories and is limping around on 3 legs. Sigh.I think they are going to reccommend surgery - which will be a nightmare, not just because of the financial costs, but really because of the recoup.

-JM
Posted By: Tommy Brison

Re: Faces - 07/31/07 01:55 AM

James...I love all of them. Keep up the awesome job and give them a scratch on the back for us.
Posted By: Julie

Re: Faces - 07/31/07 04:40 PM

James, I am so sorry! That is awful about her leg. Poor girl and poor you two!

Re: Faces - 08/03/07 03:52 AM

Welp, got some good news tonight. I took Mahkayla to my doctor here in the City (we wound up taking her to another doctor last week in an emergency because we were away). Our doctor is a top notch dvm. She looked at the x-rays and feels that the vet we took her to was jumping the gun a bit. This is a definite relief.

We will touch base with the doctor after she gets off of the anti-inflamatory medications to see if she needs further work. The biggest problem that we have been having is that since she has been on the meds, she has been like a 'new dog.' She feels cooped up and wants to get out to p-l-a-a-a-a-a-y. LOL. She saw one of her buddies tonight and went ape. I felt guilty taking her home...but even after a brief interaction, she was limping a bit.

James

Re: Faces - 08/09/07 05:21 AM

It's so tough when they want to romp and you have to keep them quiet. But great news about the xray!!! How is she doing now James?

Re: Faces - 08/10/07 04:16 AM

She seems to be doing better - a bit limpy when she plays, but honestly, better than she was a week ago. We have been fighting a losing battle with her and her friends. The problem with walking around Manhattan is that there are at least 100,000 folks walking their dogs at any given minute down any block.

The doctor will see her again in two weeks after she has been off of her anti-inflamatories for two weeks. Then we decide if she needs more aggressive action.

James

Re: Faces - 08/10/07 06:43 PM

She is a lucky girl to have you to care for her. Tough job to see them not at their best. But she has a fighting chance with you guys. Please keep us posted.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum