The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Please help me pick a good picture!!

Posted By: Randijo

Please help me pick a good picture!! - 08/13/07 02:56 AM

Hi! I need some help picking the best picture of my pets. Let me know what you think! Thanks sooo much!

Pet Pictures
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Please help me pick a good picture!! - 08/13/07 12:30 PM

Randi,
there are some very cool images here. I love the first shot of the puppy. Awesome.

I love the devil. The third shot with the blur is nice but not as good as some of the others. The mirror shot is a great shot overall, but not a great portrait (minor difference).

First puppy shot second row is a bit soft; I like the angle on #2; love the angel.

Bunny is cute; other shot is very nice but not as good as some of the others. My favorite: 1st shot of the puppy followed by "devil".

Nice stuff.

Jim
Posted By: Randijo

Re: Please help me pick a good picture!! - 08/13/07 11:21 PM

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: MartaA

Re: Please help me pick a good picture!! - 08/14/07 01:28 AM

Hi~
I'd have to go with the first and the third.
Crop them a bit tighter, except on #3, the angle you want to keep, but closer in.
Marta
www.perennialgoldens.com
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Please help me pick a good picture!! - 08/14/07 04:20 PM

Hi Randijo,

I think that the first shot of the puppy is by far my favorite of the bunch. The 3rd shot of the dog with the devil's ears is also nice. The last shot that I think is nice - which could use a bit of photoshop work, is the photo of the mirror with the dog with the bandana on it. The levels look like they need to be adjusted, but I like the composition.

The one thing I will say about the photos as a whole is that there is a recurring theme of the dog being photographed from above. My personal preference is to photograph at or below eye level.

Cheers
James
Posted By: MartaA

Re: Please help me pick a good picture!! - 08/17/07 04:41 PM

Quote:

My personal preference is to photograph at or below eye level.

Cheers
James

Ha! Except when you have VERY inquisitive dogs! or horses in my case!
I do agree though! Just needs a second person for controlled distraction!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum