The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Green Cheek Conure

Posted By: salden

Green Cheek Conure - 10/11/07 12:39 AM

This is Bud Buddy. Ok, he is not a puppy, but he is my pet. I also have a cockatiel and three dogs and will get around to them soon.

Posted By: earline

Re: Green Cheek Conure - 10/11/07 12:49 AM

That's a very serene photo of your conure. I think all pets are welcome here. I was going to photograph my teddy bear hamster a few weeks ago, but I kept putting it off. Then my poor little hamster died suddenly. Very sad.

I like the black cloth the birdie is sitting on. Is it velvet? It captures just enough light that it doesn't look like Bud is floating in space.

Re: Green Cheek Conure - 10/11/07 01:07 AM

Hi Earline

That is actually black felt that I used to cover his perch. It works well for me, but it is hard to keep clean.

Sorry to hear about your hamster. It is always sad when a pet departs and oh so very hard.
Posted By: Julie

Re: Green Cheek Conure - 10/14/07 11:01 AM

He is a beautiful bird and the longest tail I have seen on a conure!!! All pets are welcome here. I just think more dogs and cats are photographed! Birds are a welcome change

Re: Green Cheek Conure - 10/14/07 11:53 AM

Thanks Julie. Bud Buddy is rather proud of that tail. What isn't there is the blue flight feathers as I keep those clipped.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Green Cheek Conure - 10/14/07 03:19 PM

Sue,
nice lighting; beautiful bird. Very nice portrait. Both the subject and the image are most welcome here. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum