The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Hate when they get old...

Posted By: Magick Moments

Hate when they get old... - 03/10/08 01:45 AM

My old girl Sadie will be 12 this July and she has really started to show her age over the past couple of months. It's very sad to see her slowing down so much. While looking through pictures this afternoon, I came across this one from last Jan.(2007). No matter how feeble she gets, this is how I'll always remember her....proud and soulful.

Posted By: Holmes

Re: Hate when they get old... - 03/10/08 05:51 AM

A wonderful capture - look at those eyes! Bravo!
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Hate when they get old... - 03/10/08 05:37 PM

She's beautiful. And she always will be.

Dogs tend to age much more gracefully than we humans. For one thing, they don't feel sorry for themselves. They just keep living every day.

We had a Golden who lived to be 15, Harvey Garvie. Harvey was pretty feeble during those last couple of years but whenever he'd lose his rear and fall, he'd just bounce back up as if to say "don't worry, dad, I'm fine. They need to repair that sidewalk." He never lost either his dignity nor his love of living. May it be true for us, too.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Hate when they get old... - 03/12/08 04:42 AM

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for sharing your photo. Sadie is beautiful. Aging is probably my number one gripe about having pets. We have just lost so many over the years. Having said that, I think it is worth it.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum