The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Puppies x7

Posted By: PeteD

Puppies x7 - 01/03/06 03:11 PM

This was an update of the Spaniel puppies I photographed a couple of weeks ago. They were too much of a handfull to attempt to do them together so I shot them individually and pasted a montage together.

Happy New Year all - I hope it brings everything you can wish for
Posted By: Duane

Re: Puppies x7 - 01/03/06 03:47 PM

Nice work Pete!

I have a black & white English Springer at home...and when he was a pup, well, that first shot of the pooch peeing could have been in my living room...LOL

Absolutely love the black & tan next to him with the paw in the air - very good capture.

Duane
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Puppies x7 - 01/04/06 02:31 PM

Hey Pete,

Great montage. I notice shadow underneath many of the puppies. I have been trying very hard to eliminate it from my photos - but looking at yours, I am wondering if I am being too rigid.

The collection is very cute. You did a nice job putting it together seamlessly.

-JM

Re: Puppies x7 - 01/04/06 04:21 PM

Hi James,

I would normally not include shadows so it was true hi-key however I knew that I was going to make a montage and wanted to keep an element of realism (I know its a ridiculous idea!) to the final image and thought that shadows would allow it. I did a version without shadows but didn't like it as much. Without the shadows they all look like they are floating!
Posted By: Duane

Re: Puppies x7 - 01/04/06 06:03 PM

Come on Pete - Springers rarely have 4 feet on the ground and the same time anyway... LOL
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Puppies x7 - 01/05/06 12:03 AM

Curiously - when you say that you did a version without the shadows, was that done in PS or did you take the time to do two sets of photographs?

-JM

Re: Puppies x7 - 01/05/06 11:16 AM

It was all done in Photoshop. As it was high key it was dead easy to remove the backgrounds. I have just printed an enormous picture for the client and it stands up pretty well (considering it was done with bleary New Years day eyes)
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum