The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Hello

Posted By: Anton

Hello - 07/10/08 08:03 AM

I'm Anton from the Netherlands. Mainly take pictures of staffordshire bullterriers as they are my favorite animal
Here's some examples.

Dana Waits "Patiently".

Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Hello - 07/10/08 10:53 AM

Very nice! These have a real sense of place to me. I really like the look of concentration in the first one, and the color of the eyes is awesome.
Posted By: Visceral Image

Re: Hello - 07/10/08 11:00 AM

Welcome to the forum, beautiful dog. Looking forward to many more photos
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Hello - 07/10/08 12:04 PM

Welcome Anton,
Staffy Bulls are one of my favorite breeds. They're little tanks with tremendous attitude and yet very sweet with people.

I look forward to more photos.

Jim
Posted By: Julie

Re: Hello - 07/10/08 01:04 PM

I love the staffy bulls. They are such sweet dogs. Very nice photos
Posted By: wallyspop

Re: Hello - 07/10/08 03:26 PM

Welcome Anton, and nice shots. I particularly like the last one. I would suggest a crop and maybe a few retouches. Hope you don't mind but I did a quick edit of your image (nothing major just crop and bump contrast etc). I really like this shot! Nice job...

Re: Hello - 07/10/08 04:17 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. Expect many more staffie pictures as they are my main subject.
I will have my own pup sometime this year so then i will go truely crazy ;-)

@bob I see your point with the crop, I love this picture and the amount of muscle definition on Dana's right front leg. The reason i didnt crop it is because you can see the owner of hte dog in the background who threw the ball. It adds story to the picture. The contrast thing comes to taste no doubt, to my eyes the bump in contrast looks over saturated. I'm actually more inclined (been messing with it in that picture) to take allmost all the green out of it.
Here's another picture from that series. With completly different processing:
Posted By: wallyspop

Re: Hello - 07/10/08 06:44 PM

Understand both points 100%. I think PP is very much personal taste and in fact I started to go in the direction of desaturating to give it a kind of nostalgic look but thought it took away from Dana looking like she was jumping right out of the shot, which gives the shot some impact. As a result I went the other way to make it a bit more dramatic and harsh if you will. Either way it's a nice shot. Looking forward to seeing your posts in the future.

Re: Hello - 07/11/08 07:33 AM

i agree that adding color makes her black & white stand out more. She's a difficult dog to capture well because of that extreme contrast in her coat.

Re: Hello - 07/11/08 07:33 AM

(and actually she is not b & w but brindle & white)
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Hello - 07/11/08 08:50 AM

Welcome. I really like the sepia version of your pup. I am looking forward to more images. She looks like one happy girl.
Posted By: anthonym

Re: Hello - 07/11/08 11:36 PM

Love the last pic! Something about the head, it looks almost cartoonish but he is obviously having so much fun.

Re: Hello - 07/13/08 01:19 PM

Thanks
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum