The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Xmas Card

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Xmas Card - 12/02/08 03:55 PM

This year, we put together a calendar of our youngest guy, Sundance, who is turning out to be an excellent model. We modified the December image for our Xmas/Holiday card and I wanted to share it with you.

Yes, there is a bit of PS work done on the final image but the shot of Sundance with the boxes and ribbon is an original studio shot.

Our inside copy reads:
Another year. . . another wish that the new one will be better than the last in every way!

With Love,

Jim, Linda, Rowdy, Marion, Crash, Cassidy, Harry Potter and Sundance

Happy Holiday wishes to all of you on the NWP forum.

Jim
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Xmas Card - 12/02/08 05:24 PM

Very nice. I've been getting our cards ready too. Nothing this polished though.
Posted By: tresta

Re: Xmas Card - 12/02/08 09:25 PM

I like it. :-) This is probably a weird and belated question, but is Sundance the sire of the puppies you have been writing about, or is he neutered?

He's a very handsome dog.

Tori
Posted By: wallyspop

Re: Xmas Card - 12/02/08 09:34 PM

I love it Jim!

Re: Xmas Card - 12/02/08 11:03 PM

Tori,
Sundance is neither the father nor is he neutered -- and I don't believe those are the only two options . Sundance is actually the 1/2 brother to Cassidy's most recent litter and at less than 2 years old, he would not have been bred because we only breed dogs that have passed OFA Hips, Elbows, Heart and have a CERF eye number and "usually" only dogs that have titled either in conformation or one of the working categories. Sundance will not be eligible for final OFA clearances until his 2nd birthday on January 4.

Sundance is Rowdy's grandson, Cassidy's son and was Annie's great grandson. While he's a beautiful boy, we still haven't decided to show him in Conformation. He might be a bit big and while he has tremendous breed type, he is not as correct structurally as we like our boys to be. But his temperament is priceless. Very confident, very sweet, very gentle. And when you see the rest of the calendar photos, you'll understand just how good and patient he is as a model. He's simply adorable!

Jim

Re: Xmas Card - 12/02/08 11:06 PM

Thanks, Bob. We had a blast shooting the calendar scenarios and when we get it all printed, I'll share some of the other images. Sundance was truly wonderful throughout the 2 3-hr sessions.

Jim
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Xmas Card - 12/03/08 06:29 AM

Really fun image Jim, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Julie

Re: Xmas Card - 12/03/08 12:52 PM

Very cute and clever!!
Posted By: dlc

Re: Xmas Card - 12/03/08 01:44 PM

awwwwwwwwwwww.........I want one!!!!
Posted By: tresta

Re: Xmas Card - 12/03/08 05:39 PM

DLC:

A Rottie or a calendar?

:-)

Re: Xmas Card - 12/03/08 05:55 PM

I have plenty of calendars but still seem to write the wrong date but a 'baby' I don't have....(and can't right at the moment)....nevertheless.......I remember the three large spoiled Newf mix lumps that used to hog the bed and scare off the rotten neighbors (hubbys family...LOL) and seeing this little cutie makes me want one all the more.

Re: Xmas Card - 12/03/08 07:53 PM

DLC,
Sundance is a very special guy. I never wanted to keep a puppy out of Cassidy's first litter but Linda and I were so impressed with him as a puppy, we couldn't put him in another home. He wasn't the prettiest nor was he the dominant one, but he had a calm confidence that really impressed us. Plus, he loved to be held -- which is actually unusual for Rottie pups.

Now, almost 2 years old, Sundance is right at the top of the standard at 27 inches tall and 140 lbs. and a head the size of a basketball (we had a basketball in for one of the calendar shots so I'm not exaggerating). And his desire to cuddle during the night is very unusual. He really likes to be held and he really likes to press himself against you. He'd be perfect for those Maine Winter nights!

As he matures, we continue to be impressed with him. He's still a butthead (our nickname for him) but he's a lovable butthead .

Jim

Re: Xmas Card - 12/03/08 08:31 PM

LOL..........funny you made the comment about winter in Maine........my very first thought when I saw Sundance was what a great Saturday afternoon couch buddy he would make when winter's storms pound against the windows. We could get matching flannel pj's!!!!!

I hope you post more of your babies, I honestly can't get enough.
Posted By: Lisa

Re: Xmas Card - 12/05/08 02:22 AM

Jim, Love the Card, But for X-mas can i just have Sundance instead of the card... jaguar needs a play mate...

Lisa

Re: Xmas Card - 12/05/08 02:36 AM

Lisa,
As much as Mr. Sundance would love to go with you and Jag to the breeding farm, we'd really like him to stick around here and give cart rides to the neighborhood kids. Besides, he still has lots to learn from grandpa Rowdy.

Hugs to Jag. See you guys next week.

Jim
Posted By: pawprintz

Re: Xmas Card - 12/07/08 02:37 PM

happy holidays sundance!!

liz

Re: Xmas Card - 12/08/08 12:39 AM

Thank you, Liz. Sundance went to Miami with us this weekend to hawk his 2009 Calendar and we received 24 orders for Sundance calendars at the shows. That's really incredible considering we weren't pushing it at all. But the folks who saw the calendar and then met Sundance, really understood why we created it. He's just a very sweet, gorgeous boy.

I'll share more images from the calendar over the next few weeks since it's clear we're going to produce it in some decent quantities. 50% of sales profits will go to Rescue, either Rottie Rescue or any other Rescue group that chooses to sell the calendar. Given where the economy is these days and the fact that Rescue organizations are not getting donations, this will help in some small way.

Puppy kisses from Sundance to you.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum