The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again)

Posted By: Jim Poor

The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again) - 12/09/08 02:41 PM

Well, I'll be the first to say that gifting a living creature like a dog is a really, really bad idea. However, in this case, the folks involved knew we wanted a dog, wanted THIS dog, and had spent enough time with him over the last few weeks to know what was involved.

Now that the disclaimer is taken care of, Tammy and I received the gift of a 12-18 month old American Eskimo this past weekend. He came with the name Snowball, which is not what I would have chosen, but he answers to it so there is no need to change it.

Once he settles in completely (he's doing really great so far though) I'll get some real photos of him, but for now his rescue photo (which I took when he first came into the group) will have to do.

I think he is definitely on the low side of the age scale, maybe even under 12 months, but this is the closest thing to a puppy we've had in about 15 years. He was seized from an unfit owner who had him in a crate on a balcony 24-7 for who knows how long. Even after all that, he's a real love bug. He's already found his spot in the people bed (on my pillow) and has been getting along great with the rest of the clan.
Posted By: Di58

Re: The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again) - 12/09/08 11:39 PM

Congratulations Jim! Snowball is beautiful! Thanks for taking him in. He didn't have much of a life in a crate on a balcony. Happy Holidays!

Diane
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again) - 12/10/08 03:12 AM

Congratulations, Jim, Snowball looks like a great pup and there's nothing like a new puppy for the Holidays. At least that's what Sundance says .

Feel extra special because you've given a young dog another chance at a wonderful life. Of all the things I've ever done in dogs, Rescue is truly the most rewarding hard work.

Give Snowball a hug from "Uncle Jim".

Jim
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again) - 12/10/08 12:42 PM

Thanks Diane & Jim

I'll give him that hug if I can catch him! Actually, he's quite the snuggler, but when he goes, he really goes. The only one with a real hope of catching him is Haley, our doberman, but Snowball manages to out maneuver her when she gets too close. Rusty comes close, but missing that back paw, he looses some traction in the turns.
Posted By: psmith

Re: The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again) - 12/10/08 02:55 PM

Nice head shot of a beautiful pup. I like his smile.
Posted By: Julie

Re: The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again) - 12/10/08 05:58 PM

Very cute! What a soft snowy white dog!!
Posted By: anthonym

Re: The Poorhouse has 19 Paws (again) - 12/14/08 11:48 PM

Congratulations! What a fantastic gift. Certainly a cutie.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum