The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

My newest foster

Posted By: Julie

My newest foster - 02/26/09 10:00 PM

This is my current WRAP foster, who, is an incredibly sweet boy. Housebroken, crate trained, can sit, stay, lay, and come when called.

Posted By: psmith

Re: My newest foster - 02/26/09 10:15 PM

Well, not knowing these dogs the first shot really had me looking twice . The second is an absolute money shot. The third shot, I'm assuming, is pure Whippitness. The 3 dogs 'playing' reminds me of a motorcycle race when they get to the turn...these dogs are really leaning into it. Great shots. Nice of you to open up your home to a foster. Thanks for sharing.

Re: My newest foster - 02/26/09 10:57 PM

The two photos with his ears up, were the TWO I got with ears up! He was perfect and easy to shoot, but, not sure what I wanted out of him.

And yes, they tuck their tails like that a lot. The third one is a little shy even for a whippet, but, it makes a great art shot

I put a quote with it

Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: My newest foster - 02/26/09 11:20 PM

Looks like Julie spent some money at Denny's for backgrounds and props.
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: My newest foster - 02/26/09 11:39 PM

Very nice. Are you prone "forever fosters?"

Re: My newest foster - 02/26/09 11:39 PM

That is a silverlake backdrop that I bought on half price sale, a free cushion and an $8 stool from a garage sale

No, fosters don't stay. I have a dog limit
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: My newest foster - 02/27/09 12:27 AM

Julie, love your frugal shopping for photographic stuff. That is a great idea with the cushion.

The second image is my favorite. Hope you find him a wonderful forever home.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: My newest foster - 02/27/09 12:28 AM

He's lovely, Julie, and the images are great. Congrats and best wishes for a speedy placement. He'll make a great pet for somebody.

Jim

Re: My newest foster - 02/27/09 01:40 AM

He will make a great pet. I can set down a big pot needing cleaning(yes, my dogs clean up leftovers, I bought a special sterilizing dishwasher due to this) and the 4 can eat out of one pan without getting snarky.

He is a soft boy and would make an awesome dog for someone who wanted a velcro dog to go to work with them. At the studio, he laid on the pillow and just chilled out.

My friend came in and said "Wow, he is a good one, he hasn't poked me in the crotch once or jumped on me". (uh, she is used to my naughties)
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: My newest foster - 02/27/09 01:37 PM

Quote:

My friend came in and said "Wow, he is a good one, he hasn't poked me in the crotch once or jumped on me". (uh, she is used to my naughties)

I'd check his pedigree. Sounds like he's more cat than dog .

Jim
Posted By: psmith

Re: My newest foster - 02/27/09 01:52 PM

Your art poster is beautiful. Print it poster size and call it a lithograph and triple the price of it.

If you are feeling optimistic today, look through some of these lithographs at

http://despair.com/lithographs.html
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: My newest foster - 02/27/09 02:13 PM

Those are hilarious. Wish I had thought of it.
Posted By: julief

Re: My newest foster - 02/27/09 02:34 PM

Julie - I have to tell you #1 thru #4 are it -- absolutely, positively IT. I keep looking at them thinking "My Gawd those are exquisite." Bravo Bravo. I just love the sepia tones and the backdrop and props are absolutely perfection. I have to say, my favs are #1 and #3 for their artiness. Just fabulous.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum